PLNU 2021 - 2022 Cycle

50 minutes ago, SteezyZ said:

Also interviewed on 7/30, received an acceptance today as well! It's still very early so there's plenty of spots to be filled, good luck everyone! 

That’s awesome! Congrats to you all. I’m eager to hear back from them, whatever it may be. 

1 hour ago, SteezyZ said:

Also interviewed on 7/30, received an acceptance today as well! It's still very early so there's plenty of spots to be filled, good luck everyone! 

2 hours ago, ElleG said:

I interviewed 7/30 too and received an acceptance today! 🎉 I hope you receive your acceptance soon! Keeping my fingers crossed for you 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Congrats to you both!! Would either of you be open to sharing your stats/HCE? 

9 hours ago, epicchecklist said:

Congrats to you both!! Would either of you be open to sharing your stats/HCE? 

Thank you!

I personally feel apprehensive sharing stats because I truly believe applicants are much more than their stats. Everyone's journey is so unique and valuable that I would focus on celebrating the fact that your hard work paid off and you reached this amazing milestone! I have no doubts you have a killer application, a big brain, a wealth of experience to bring to the table and WILL be an amazing PA! 💓

You may have already seen this but on the website, they have provided insight as to how they weight each component of the application. This might be helpful to determine how they look at applications. 

• Prior academic performance: 45%
  • Prior health care experience: 22%
  • Volunteer and Service activities: 22%
  • Miscellaneous items such as references and the CASPA narrative: 11%

Happy to help if you have any other questions!

• Like 2

Congrats to everyone who’s received an acceptance! 🥳 You truly deserve it!!

Anyone care to share their interview experience? I want to respect your privacy as well as PLNU’s so I don’t really want to force details. General impressions would be great! Did they make you feel comfortable? What was the format?

3 hours ago, bobafiend said:

Congrats to everyone who’s received an acceptance! 🥳 You truly deserve it!!

Anyone care to share their interview experience? I want to respect your privacy as well as PLNU’s so I don’t really want to force details. General impressions would be great! Did they make you feel comfortable? What was the format?

Yes! They absolutely make you feel comfortable! I honestly felt very much at ease. The faculty are very kind, easy to talk to and down to earth; they’re definitely not trying to catch you out or trip you up. My impression was they’re just trying to get to know you. I really enjoyed the whole experience! 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2021 at 10:22 AM, Apesfishy said:

Interviewed 7/30 and waiting on response back. Seems like they got back quickly to people last cycle, so we shall see!

Hi there! May I know when did you submit your application and how long did it take for you to get a confirmation email and interview invite? May I know your stats as well if you don’t mind sharing? Thanks in advanced!! 

Hey everyone!

I had a quick question. Since interviews and acceptances have been going out, do you think it’d be reasonable to reach out and confirm that they have received my app? During a different cycle and a different school, my application was not received correctly (although verified through CASPA) so I know errors can happen. A part of me doesn’t want to be annoying since I know they’re extremely busy, but I’d also like peace of mind knowing they’ve at least received it. 

Let me know what you think would be appropriate. Thanks for your help!

On 8/11/2021 at 10:54 PM, LTG515 said:

Hey everyone!

I had a quick question. Since interviews and acceptances have been going out, do you think it’d be reasonable to reach out and confirm that they have received my app? During a different cycle and a different school, my application was not received correctly (although verified through CASPA) so I know errors can happen. A part of me doesn’t want to be annoying since I know they’re extremely busy, but I’d also like peace of mind knowing they’ve at least received it. 

Let me know what you think would be appropriate. Thanks for your help!

Hello!

I think this would be okay! I think you can phrase it in such a way that acknowledges they are busy and if they have a moment to confirm your application has been received, you'd be very grateful. I found them to be very responsive between application and interview invite so I think you should be fine!

Best of luck to you! 

On 8/14/2021 at 7:45 AM, ElleG said:

Hello!

I think this would be okay! I think you can phrase it in such a way that acknowledges they are busy and if they have a moment to confirm your application has been received, you'd be very grateful. I found them to be very responsive between application and interview invite so I think you should be fine!

Best of luck to you! 

Awesome! Thanks for your input. 

Update for those interested:

I reached out this morning to verify that my application and CASPer were received, and I heard back shortly after. I received a personal email back about my inquiry as well as an automated confirmation email from PLNU. They were very helpful and timely! 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, rpay20 said:

I got an email stating they received my application and will be holding interviews between October and December. I thought they already started interviewing? Anyone get the same?

Me too. I applied months ago, and I just NOW got the application received email?? What the heck.

sounds like someone messed up 🙄

I also submitted my application months ago (May 13) and never received a confirmation email until today. I read on this forum that a lot of people didn't receive a confirmation email so I kind of just hoped they received it and just weren't sending out confirmations. Kind of disappointed by the emailing saying they do interviews from October-December when people have already been interviewed and accepted. Makes me feel like this is their way of sending me a rejection email without verbatim saying that yet. 

1 hour ago, Zuma1997 said:

I also submitted my application months ago (May 13) and never received a confirmation email until today. I read on this forum that a lot of people didn't receive a confirmation email so I kind of just hoped they received it and just weren't sending out confirmations. Kind of disappointed by the emailing saying they do interviews from October-December when people have already been interviewed and accepted. Makes me feel like this is their way of sending me a rejection email without verbatim saying that yet. 

I also just received confirmation today! I think they may have just received an overwhelming amount of emails from students asking if their app was received. I personally wouldn’t look at it as a rejection. 

So I received an email today saying that I will be updated about my status in the coming months. My interview was 7/30, and given that acceptances from that date have already gone out, I kind of lost hope. 

Do they even reject after each interview cycle? Or is this an automatic email that is sent to everyone? I kind of have a feeling that they wait to reject until the very end, so I don't want to get my hopes up after receiving this email. 🥲

2 hours ago, catsanddogs53 said:

So I received an email today saying that I will be updated about my status in the coming months. My interview was 7/30, and given that acceptances from that date have already gone out, I kind of lost hope. 

Do they even reject after each interview cycle? Or is this an automatic email that is sent to everyone? I kind of have a feeling that they wait to reject until the very end, so I don't want to get my hopes up after receiving this email. 🥲

Try not to lose hope! They did mention during the interview that their process is a little longer this year given the first cohort matriculates at the end of this month. I know waiting/not knowing is so so hard but I would consider no news to be good news 🤞🏻Easier said than done, I know 😔

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 10:18 AM, catsanddogs53 said:

Hey I’m in the same boat!! I’m thinking if they didn’t start reject us then we are probably waitlisted! Def don’t give up hope. I remember in the interview they said they accepted someone a month before the first cohort started. Hopefully we get those acceptances!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, epicchecklist said:

Seems like it's been awhile since anyone's posted on here, has anyone heard back from PLNU? I also did not receive any confirmation after submitting my app + CASPer. 

If I recall correctly, during the first round of interviews they mentioned holding another round in October time..so perhaps/hopefully there will be some communication next month? 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...