2021 - 2022 Cycle

41 minutes ago, PAbound2022 said:

Congrats KayleeJ and UMNPrePa!! Could I ask how they sent the invite? Thank you! Excited for you guys!

Thanks! I received both an email and a phone call. Good luck to you! 

• Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 2:09 PM, chichiprepa said:

Hello everyone! Current student at Midwestern. Please feel free to DM or reply in this thread if you have any questions about the program. I might not be able to answer them all (I'm not involved in the admissions or interview process) but can answer questions about the area and the atmosphere.

Any tips or advice for interviews? Thank you! 

On 10/13/2021 at 11:20 AM, emilygolo said:

Any tips or advice for interviews? Thank you! 

@emilygolomy biggest tip for any interview is to be yourself (as cheesy as that sounds)! What I really mean by that is find what makes YOU unique as an applicant and know how to showcase that in your answers. When I was applying and interviewing I read something that talked about identifying the "theme" of your application. Your "theme" is what makes you a unique applicant. For example, Bernie Sanders (whether you like him or hate him) has had the same "theme" of wealth inequality since the 1970s. He somehow manages to give answers to any question in an interview that is comprehensive and ties back to wealth inequality. How many times have we all heard him say something about the top x% owning y% of the wealth in the US? I'm not saying to avoid answering the question, I'm just saying that there are ways to answer the question you are being asked in a unique way that leaves you in the faculty's memory. As stupid as it sounds, I identified my "theme" as an applicant and it helped me tie my answers together cohesively and I think also helped me stand out 🙂

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Madison22 said:

Does anyone know the date of the next admissions meeting? 

During my interview they stated the admission committee usually meets at the beginning of the month so hopefully we hear about decisions this week! I interviewed 10/18 and am sooo anxious to hear back LOL

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Mgm1030 said:

Two quick questions! Does anyone know about how many people Midwestern invites to interview each cycle? Also I see that the interviews are “group” interviews, so for those who have interviewed what is typically the ratio of interviewees to interviewers in each group? 

If I'm remembering correctly it was 6-7 interviewees in a group with 1 faculty member and the interview portion lasted about an hour. I can't remember how many people they said they interview but I believe most programs do 3-4 people for every 1 seat available. Hope this helps, good luck to you!

Edited by gbiggs
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I was accepted to Midwestern! I put my deposit down, but I just interviewed with a school near my hometown. I'm looking into housing options to make a pros and cons list in the case I get another acceptance. I know Midwestern offers on-campus housing but if I were to look off-campus, will I be breaking the bank? I'm not from Chicagoland so I don't know any tricks lol