UNTHSC 2021-2022 Application Cycle

Hi guys! Checked my portal out of curiosity today, and my application is now complete. No longer stated initiated for actions in the todo list! I did not receive an email regarding this status change, so I would encourage everyone to check for a little peace of mind 🙂  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaddieQ said:

Hi guys! Checked my portal out of curiosity today, and my application is now complete. No longer stated initiated for actions in the todo list! I did not receive an email regarding this status change, so I would encourage everyone to check for a little peace of mind 🙂  

Yay! I can confirm, my portal says the same. Thank you @MaddieQ for the update. Now we wait for interview invites. 🙂

Speaking of...this weekend would be a great opportunity to get interview clothes on sale. Not that July 4th is about that but if you are needing some pieces before interviewing and on a budget, be on the look out for some good deals.  

Good luck everyone!

Did anyone else receive a second e-mail with instructions to set up a student account with a completely different ID name? I have already set up one account that works properly so I am just confused. I e-mailed them for clarification but was curious if it happened to anyone else. 

1 hour ago, cmelissag said:

Did anyone else receive a second e-mail with instructions to set up a student account with a completely different ID name? I have already set up one account that works properly so I am just confused. I e-mailed them for clarification but was curious if it happened to anyone else. 

@cmelissag This did not happen to me. Hopefully it gets fixed soon!

18 minutes ago, Goldhashbrown said:

When does the school start offering interviews?

@Mmass713 said on June 22: "there was an information session, and when asked, it was mentioned that they will be reviewing/sending out invites next month. Hopefully that is the case!"

The UNTHSC website says: "Approximately 220 selected applicants will be invited to the Health Science Center at Fort Worth for an admissions interview.  The program utilizes a multiple-mini interview (MMI) format. Interviews generally take place on campus from September to January. Interviews may end sooner if the class is filled. Candidates who are invited to interview will be contacted by email."

Based on both of those I'm hoping for an email by late July, but I still check my email repeatedly every day. 😂 🤞

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi everyone!! First time applicant here - I submitted CASPA on May 31st and it was verified on June 2nd. I took the CASPer on June 17th. On June 15th, I received the email with the payment link to submit the $50 processing fee. On June 26th, I received the email with instructions on how to access the portal to track my application, and my application status states complete. Patiently waiting for an interview invite!

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 11:14 PM, kmarshburn said:

Hi everyone!! First time applicant here - I submitted CASPA on May 31st and it was verified on June 2nd. I took the CASPer on June 17th. On June 15th, I received the email with the payment link to submit the $50 processing fee. On June 26th, I received the email with instructions on how to access the portal to track my application, and my application status states complete. Patiently waiting for an interview invite!

Welcome! I’m not sure about everyone else but I’m seriously hoping for an email this week!! 😆 

• Upvote 2

Hi y'all. 

I set up my portal on June 26 and my application status is "Application is received". I don't have or see any To-Do list items. About how many days went by before the status changed over to "under review" or "application complete"?

Should I follow up since it's been more than 3 wks?

Edited by ComradeRutera

2 hours ago, ComradeRutera said:

Hi y'all. 

I set up my portal on June 26 and my application status is "Application is received". I don't have or see any To-Do list items. About how many days went by before the status changed over to "under review" or "application complete"?

Should I follow up since it's been more than 3 wks?

It wouldn't hurt to follow up and make sure there isn't anything they're waiting on. I don't remember mine taking more than 2 weeks to change to application is complete. 

Guest EmilyWilkins

Anybody know if initial interview invites have been sent out? Last year they sent them out around this time. I know they've had some technical difficulties this year, but I'm still curious nonetheless 

Edited by EmilyWilkins

21 hours ago, EmilyWilkins said:

Anybody know if initial interview invites have been sent out? Last year they sent them out around this time. I know they've had some technical difficulties this year, but I'm still curious nonetheless 

Nothing yet on my end, just the 'complete' status on the portal.

• Upvote 2

@shari I submitted my app on 6/8 and took my Casper on 5/4. My casper results were in on 6/1. UNT was on my initial distribution list. I had sent it to other schools on 6/1 who have confirmed their receipt of the results since then. My portal does not reflect that I have anything I have due. Hope this helps! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, shari said:

On the portal, it says I am still due to send my CASPER scores, but I have already done that in May. Did anyone else run into this issue

I had that issue for a bit when their portal was down and acting weird a while back. Maybe check in with casper and make sure the test says it was delivered and that you had this school on the list. If those are a yeah, then I would contact the school to double check.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 10:57 AM, EnthusiasticPAHopeful2021 said:

I had that issue for a bit when their portal was down and acting weird a while back. Maybe check in with casper and make sure the test says it was delivered and that you had this school on the list. If those are a yeah, then I would contact the school to double check.

Casper says the results are delivered, but I believe its a UNT portal issue. I contacted the admissions board about it. Thank you for the advice!! 🙂 Hopefully it fixes sometime soon.