University of Nevada Reno 2021-2022 Cycle

On 8/24/2021 at 3:29 PM, emdez1 said:

Is anyone else here interviewing on Sept 15?  I have a friend who interviewed last year and she and some of the other folks with the same interview date met up virtually beforehand to get acquainted a bit before interview day.  Let me know if anyone would be interested in that once we find out what groups we are in.

I am interviewing on this day as well and would love to meet virtually before! Congratulations on getting an interview.

On 9/1/2021 at 10:18 AM, TayyPrePA said:

Hi! Did anyone receive a confirmation email after they submitted the secondary app? I got the email to fill one out on 5/11/21, I know I did it but I never received a confirmation so now I'm second guessing myself maybe I didn't hit submit or something? Thanks in advance! 

I received a confirmation will all my answers right after I submitted it. 

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, megtheprepa said:

I got the call last night that I have been accepted! My first acceptance and I'm so, so happy. Good luck to anyone waiting to hear back and the candidates still waiting to interview. 🙂 

Omg. Congratulations! Amazing news. Thank you for sharing the information. Best of luck in this amazing program 👍🏼

- Jake

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 8:41 AM, megtheprepa said:

I got the call last night that I have been accepted! My first acceptance and I'm so, so happy. Good luck to anyone waiting to hear back and the candidates still waiting to interview. 🙂 

I got a call from an unknown number last night but I missed the call. Do you remember around what time they called you? Also congratulations to you!! 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Haileyrrose said:

Has anybody else heard anything? I interviewed a little more than a week ago and still haven’t heard back.  I know they sent out some acceptances but has anybody else heard back?

Hailey,

We were in the same interview and you were in my group (B-3). I did get an offer last Wednesday. I truly hope that you get in, you deserve it. I was impressed with how well you interviewed! I felt mediocre at best- When they called to tell me, I honestly thought someone was giving me a prank phone call. The admission stats feel like such a lottery! Did you apply anywhere else?

Edited by NateO
Grammar

6 hours ago, NateO said:

Hailey,

We were in the same interview and you were in my group (B-3). I did get an offer last Wednesday. I truly hope that you get in, you deserve it. I was impressed with how well you interviewed! I felt mediocre at best- When they called to tell me, I honestly thought someone was giving me a prank phone call. The admission stats feel like such a lottery! Did you apply anywhere else?

Congratulations on the offer @NateO ! Wonderful news!

-Jake

On 9/24/2021 at 2:52 PM, Haileyrrose said:

Has anybody else heard anything? I interviewed a little more than a week ago and still haven’t heard back.  I know they sent out some acceptances but has anybody else heard back?

Hailey, we were in the same group as well. I got a rejection email yesterday from them.

Congratulations NateO

Rob

Edited by RobertJ
Edit

On 8/9/2021 at 3:25 PM, Linnea04 said:

Hi there! I applied early July, July 7th to be exact, and I haven't heard anything. Not even a verification of receipt. Is anyone else in the same boat? I'm wondering what I should do.  Thanks in advance!

Hello! I applied 8/3 and am in the same boat. Have you gotten any update?

8 hours ago, hollywhite said:

Has anyone else received the next round of interview invites yet? 

Hi guys! New to the forum… I haven’t exactly made a profile yet but I have received an interview for the next round. I received the invite about a week and half ago

Edited by AaronA

29 minutes ago, hollywhite said:

For those of us that have yet to hear anything and applied early, is it worth e-mailing the program, to see if they have received the secondary and a status update? Or does this seem too soon? 

I just double checked… I never received a confirmation for my secondary app. However, I think it might be a good idea to ask for an update! I know some schools value this as it shows interest.

4 hours ago, AaronA said:

Hi guys! New to the forum… I haven’t exactly made a profile yet but I have received an interview for the next round. I received the invite about a week and half ago

Is the next round of interviews in October? I was waitlisted for this program last cycle, and I'm so hopeful to receive an interview invite this cycle. Congratulations. It's an awesome program!

11 hours ago, knittinggirl said:

Is the next round of interviews in October? I was waitlisted for this program last cycle, and I'm so hopeful to receive an interview invite this cycle. Congratulations. It's an awesome program!

Yeah my hirevue interview is due Sunday, then my group interview is on the 13th. I’m sure they split it into 3 separate ones like most schools though!

• Upvote 1

On 9/29/2021 at 10:44 PM, NateO said:

@RobertJ and @Jake408 Thank you guys! I'm still in shock/disbelief. I'm also waiting to hear back from UVU in Utah on Monday..I have never been to UNR, so I am thinking of going to check it out before making a final decision. Any info anybody has would be greatly appreciated! Rob, were you the one with a full 20 years in the Army that applied to 25 programs? I'm assuming you'll get into at least 5 programs!

Utah and UNR are both in amazing areas (Utah is a higher ranked PA school for what that is worth). UNR was towards the top of my list because I want to retire there eventually. I was all set to buy a house (average purchase price was $300k last year) unfortunately now the prices have skyrocketed towards 700K so I'll have to wait. 

Can't go wrong with either in my opinion, good luck with whatever you chose

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...