University of Nevada Reno 2021-2022 Cycle

43 minutes ago, hollywhite said:

Any updates on applications? Has anyone heard anything back yet? 

I'd like to know the same thing. I believe someone may have posted and then deleted a message saying they received an interview date. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks 

- Jake

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Received rejection letter on Thursday. Submitted Caspa July, Reno supplemental Mid July. Pretty bummed, thought would have had an interview at least. Number one choice and want to live in Reno. GPA not the strongest and do not reside in Reno (did get 10 points for under serviced residency (reservation) and veteran status.)

• 20,000 PCE(20 years Special Forces Medic); Grad degree
  • cGPA:3.6 
  • Science GPA:3.3
  • 312 GRE
Edited by MarshallWK

On 8/15/2021 at 12:17 AM, MarshallWK said:

Received rejection letter on Thursday. Submitted Caspa July, Reno supplemental Mid July. Pretty bummed, thought would have had an interview at least. Number one choice and want to live in Reno. GPA not the strongest and do not reside in Reno (did get 10 points for under serviced residency (reservation) and veteran status.)

• 20,000 PCE(20 years Special Forces Medic); Grad degree
  • cGPA:3.6 
  • Science GPA:3.3
  • 312 GRE

I'm really sorry to hear about the rejection @MarshallWK By the looks of the stats you provided, I don't see how you didn't at least get an interview. Please don't lose hope. I know there are plenty of PA programs out there that would love to have you attend their school. You have a very impressive resume. Don't give up, keep your head up and keep pumping out those applications. You'll for sure get in somewhere 🙏

- Jake

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rachels91 said:

Hi everyone! I am wondering if I'm missing something...is there a separate supplemental app that the program will send to us? Or when you all reference the supplemental above, are you talking about the program-specific questions within caspa? Thanks so much!

It was sent from the school after they received the CASPA application. They sent a separate follow up email requesting a few more short essay questions be answered. I hope that helps. 

- Jake

8 minutes ago, Jake408 said:

It was sent from the school after they received the CASPA application. They sent a separate follow up email requesting a few more short essay questions be answered. I hope that helps. 

- Jake

Hey thanks so much, Jake! I applied only about a week ago, despite submitting to all my other programs in late May/early June so I'm feeling a little "late" to the game here. Approximately how soon after submitting were you sent the supplemental? I haven't received confirmation from the program that my app was received (although I was verified very quickly).

14 minutes ago, rachels91 said:

Hey thanks so much, Jake! I applied only about a week ago, despite submitting to all my other programs in late May/early June so I'm feeling a little "late" to the game here. Approximately how soon after submitting were you sent the supplemental? I haven't received confirmation from the program that my app was received (although I was verified very quickly).

You're welcome. I applied 6/6 and I got the secondary questions sent on 6/9. It should be coming soon. I wouldn't worry too much. You're still well ahead of the submission deadline. Good luck @rachels91 👍

-Jake

• Like 2

Is anyone else here interviewing on Sept 15?  I have a friend who interviewed last year and she and some of the other folks with the same interview date met up virtually beforehand to get acquainted a bit before interview day.  Let me know if anyone would be interested in that once we find out what groups we are in.

21 hours ago, emdez1 said:

Is anyone else here interviewing on Sept 15?  I have a friend who interviewed last year and she and some of the other folks with the same interview date met up virtually beforehand to get acquainted a bit before interview day.  Let me know if anyone would be interested in that once we find out what groups we are in.

Hi! I am interviewing on Sept. 15th and would love to meet up virtually beforehand!

22 hours ago, emdez1 said:

I am interviewing Sept 15th and would love to get to know others beforehand 🙂