How to achieve patient care hours while in undergrad?

Hey guys! I’m a biology major and an incoming sophomore. Recently I just switched to a biology major on the Pa-Tract from nursing, and I just need some insight on how to receive patient care hours as an undergrad. I know PCE is a factor into what makes you competitive on your application, so I want to know what is the most time efficient and best way that will help me in the long run. Also any tips or tricks you have for me I will GLADLY listen to!! 

Physical therapy aide worked well for me. No certification or anything. I volunteered a lot in college because it was easier than having a job. I volunteered with hospice on my own time, which made it less stressful than having a rigid work schedule.  If I could go back, I would be more involved in my schools pre-pa club. I think that looks great on an application, especially if you can get on the board. Good luck!

You can also volunteer at a local fire department where you can take the EMT classes and become a certified EMT for free. This will count as clinical hours. After that, you can work as an EMT. I know PA schools value EMT hours as clinical hours.