Methodist 2021-2022 Application Cycle

Just Applied (5/22/21)

Applicant Profile

Personal Profile:

Sex: Male

State of Residence: MS (underserved/rural county)

Academic:

cGPA: 3.50

sGPA: 3.56

Post-bac cGPA (57 credit hours): 3.66

Post-bac sGPA (46 credit hours): 3.73

***Post-bac performed working full-time, and my wife and I had our baby at the beginning of it all.

Supporting Info:

PCE: ~1,500hrs (ER tech)

HCE: ~4,500hrs (patient transport)

Other relevant work experience: 2 years as a personal trainer

LOR’s: 5 total (1 PA, 1 physician mentor, 3 professors)

Shadowing: 60hrs PA (cardiology, psychiatry), 100+hrs physician (family medicine, internal medicine, pediatric, orthopedic, ER)

Volunteer: ~200hrs (online crisis counselor)

Leadership: 200hrs (president of American Medical Student Association, local chapter)

Research: 150hrs (community-based research and outreach)

Teaching Experience: ~50-60hrs (tutor for a semester)

I will keep this updated with any notices of verification, interview, acceptances, etc. 

Good luck to everyone!

• 1 month later...
  • smallturtle changed the title to Methodist 2021-2022 Application Cycle
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MichelleE said:

@Inobe20were you part of early assurance?

My friend is and they told her that those students had interviews first and they were just on the 27th.

Also when did you submit?  

Nope. I was a regular applicant. To my knowledge, we were the first round of interviews.

I submitted on 5/17 and was verified on 5/18. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have an interview November 18th! I couldn't be more excited or happy. This is my first choice and I pray I get in. Anyone who has been accepted so far, will you please share any information that could help me prepare for the interview? I have done 2 mock interviews online, I've read books, and my current profession is a respiratory therapist. I also have spoken to PAs that have came from this program over the years in hopes of trying to best prepare for that day. Any helpful details would be greatly appreciated and thank you so much in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2021 at 7:59 PM, HopeForMUPAP said:

I have an interview November 18th! I couldn't be more excited or happy. This is my first choice and I pray I get in. Anyone who has been accepted so far, will you please share any information that could help me prepare for the interview? I have done 2 mock interviews online, I've read books, and my current profession is a respiratory therapist. I also have spoken to PAs that have came from this program over the years in hopes of trying to best prepare for that day. Any helpful details would be greatly appreciated and thank you so much in advance!

Congrats on receiving an interview! Seems like you’ve already done a lot to prepare, so just make sure to be confident and be yourself! The faculty is super nice and welcoming and are just trying to get to know you as a person. Make sure to have plenty of questions to ask throughout the day and just try to enjoy it! Good luck!

• 1 month later...

I'm looking to apply last minute. Do they still interview up to and after their January 15th deadline? Some other schools I applied to had their classes full prior to their application deadline, and I just don't want to waste my application and GRE scores fee if it's not worth my time. Does anyone know if there's still spots open or any interview dates upcoming? Thanks in advance! 

Edited by rdtopa21

On 12/30/2021 at 2:04 PM, rdtopa21 said:

I'm looking to apply last minute. Do they still interview up to and after their January 15th deadline? Some other schools I applied to had their classes full prior to their application deadline, and I just don't want to waste my application and GRE scores fee if it's not worth my time. Does anyone know if there's still spots open or any interview dates upcoming? Thanks in advance! 

In the interview email I received they said they had limited spots still available. My interview is January tenth. Hope that helps.

7 hours ago, Bwright said:

In the interview email I received they said they had limited spots still available. My interview is January tenth. Hope that helps.

This is super helpful, thanks! Would you mind telling me when you applied and received the interview invite? And good luck on your interview! 

On 1/2/2022 at 1:33 AM, rdtopa21 said:

This is super helpful, thanks! Would you mind telling me when you applied and received the interview invite? And good luck on your interview! 

Thanks! I applied at the end of may, and got a confirmation in June. I got my interview invite at the beginning of December.