Campbell 2021-2022 Application Cycle

• smallturtle changed the title to Campbell 2021-2022 Application Cycle
5 hours ago, reesespieces said:

Received interview invite July 22! Weird they offered me August 26th in-person because when I submitted the form the next day they replied saying that date is already full! Next in-person date is September 10th but I went with the virtual interview August 10th. 

Do you mind sharing your stats and/or when you submitted/verified/received invitation? Thanks in advance!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, gudetamagirl said:

Hey everyone! I attended the information session and they said that August invites were already sent out. They usually have interviews in September and October as well and will send out invites closer to those months. We just have to hang tight 🙂 

Thanks for letting us know! 🙂 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 2:00 PM, cyclonefan1359 said:

Do you mind sharing your stats and/or when you submitted/verified/received invitation? Thanks in advance!

Sure! My stats might not be the best to go off bc I did a post-bac for one year that turned into a Master's program for the second year! Also, this is my second cycle applying. 

Submitted: May 8th 

CASPA Verified: May 4th

Interview invite: July 22nd

Good Luck Everyone!! 

28 minutes ago, MichelleE said:

I got the same emails.  Has anyone received anything else?  Interview invite?  How long does it usually take for faculty to review?

I applied May 26 and still in review. I think the first round of interviews went out already. They're probably going to send more out sometime in August for September interviews. The way I see it.. No news is good news 🙂 

3 minutes ago, MichelleE said:

Oh...I got on their virtual fair the other day and I thought Bethany said they were just now starting to review for first interviews.  I may be wrong though.  

Yeah, but someone up top (gudetamagirl) said that August invites were already sent out, that sept and oct are next. If they give a months notice, August should be when they contact you for that. I feel I applied really early and still haven't heard so I think we'll hear something soon.

8 minutes ago, MichelleE said:

Yes, my email from last week said that my application had been passed to faculty for review.  

Thank you for the update! Wondering if I should reach out. I assume they do rejections on a rolling basis too, so since I’m in the dark I’m not sure what to think.

Application was advanced to faculty review stage on 5/21 and no updates since.  I noticed some candidates that were advanced to faculty review in May and June received interview invites for the first round.  Have there been any rejections sent for candidates advanced to faculty review?  I'm not sure candidates passed over for the first round of interviews that were advanced to faculty review in May are still being considered for the next round of interviews since they are already interviewing June submissions in round 1.

56 minutes ago, Scott2u said:

Application was advanced to faculty review stage on 5/21 and no updates since.  I noticed some candidates that were advanced to faculty review in May and June received interview invites for the first round.  Have there been any rejections sent for candidates advanced to faculty review?  I'm not sure candidates passed over for the first round of interviews that were advanced to faculty review in May are still being considered for the next round of interviews since they are already interviewing June submissions in round 1.

For what it's worth, applicants from previous threads who applied in May also interviewed in September.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scott2u said:

I also applied in May and have not received a rejection yet. I think if we weren't considered for the next round of interviews, they would have sent out rejections. I think we may just hear back soon. ::crossing fingers::

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, katetaylor2 said:

Hi everyone! I received an email that they've received my verified application, but have not received an email that my app has been passed along to the faculty. Should I reach out? Received the initial email 8 weeks ago. 

I am in the same boat and not sure what to do either! 

Hey everyone!

I've heard great things about this program from a colleague and am debating if I should go ahead and apply or if its way too late in the cycle. Does anyone have any insight about this? Have they mentioned how many seats are filled currently? 

Also I am applying from the west coast. Does anyone know if they give prefrence for North Carolina residents? 

Thanks everyone and good luck! 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, gstar93 said:

Hey everyone!

I've heard great things about this program from a colleague and am debating if I should go ahead and apply or if its way too late in the cycle. Does anyone have any insight about this? Have they mentioned how many seats are filled currently? 

Also I am applying from the west coast. Does anyone know if they give prefrence for North Carolina residents? 

Thanks everyone and good luck! 

Welcome! Campbell University's app deadline is September 1st. Any verified app received before then is guaranteed review; however, they utilize rolling admissions and have already extended a good amount of interview invites. As far as I know, all seats are currently open, but they will surely offer seats after these first few interviews in August. Campbell receives ~1,500 apps every year for a 54-seat program. I personally think you should apply because you still have a chance, but it'll be up to you to decide if it's worth it.

I attended a virtual information session with Campbell last week, and they shared that 25% of their current cohort is out-of-state. They said they have no preference for in-state applicants.

• Like 1