2021-2022 Application Cycle

28 minutes ago, CAPPAC said:

I don't think they send out rejections until they have confirmed interest from 100 people. If people decline interviews, they will contact more, but generally the bulk of offers is done over the course of the week. That's just based off previous years. Either way, don't let it get you down! There ARE more schools out there, and the tuition is increasing at Wayne so don't let that get to you. You worked hard to even get your application submitted, and that is an accomplishment all on its own! Keep pushing!

Thank you for this 🙂

7 hours ago, renadaw said:

I had requested the last 60 credit hour GPA calculation. So with that my GPA is 3.8. Pre req gpa is also 3.8. My overall undergraduate gpa is 3.1. I have Over 15000 patient care hours as a respiratory therapist. 

15,000 PCE hours! Wow that's insane! Did Wayne State only count the past 2 years out of the 15,000?

On 10/13/2021 at 8:55 PM, CAPPAC said:

Congrats to those who have received interview invites! I'm a first year student at Wayne and I know it's an exciting time! Brush up on those interview techniques and questions. They try to keep the interviews really relaxed, so *try* to stay calm! See you on November 4th/5th! 🙂

I hope school is going well for you! Do you mind sharing what type of interview style they use? 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, hpbjqk6 said:

For those of you who interviewed today - any advice for the people interviewing tomorrow? 🙂

If you spent time preparing for the interview, you’ll hold your own. Lots of typical interview questions (tell me your weakness, what are you passionate about, etc) along with what you’d expect from a PA interview (why PA? Why Wayne?) 

Be confident! One of the interviewers said they are looking for confident candidates. 

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, hpbjqk6 said:

For those of you who interviewed today - any advice for the people interviewing tomorrow? 🙂

Their interview process is so laid back! Everyone is super excited about the program and really focus on understanding who you are. One of my interviewers really knew my application from front to back. There is really no need to be stressed. My interviews were filled with laughter and good conversations. Know who you are and be confident!

• Thanks 1

So, I actually live in Detroit currently. I’m about 7 minutes from downtown. The nice thing about Detroit is that you can find pretty cheap housing. Even when you look at the cost of living right in the middle of the city, the prices are much more affordable then other major cities. I used to live in midtown which was like basically right where Wayne state’s campus is. Rent was like $750 + utilities (w/ 3 roommates in a house). Midtown feels pretty safe, you see police regularly and at no point during my year there did I feel unsafe. Outside of the normal “I’m a single woman walking around alone, lemme have my mace ready.” I know during the Q and A a lot of students mentioned living in royal oak. Also a cool city that’s like 25~ from Detroit. IMO royal oak can be pricier. But it’s also a lower crime city to live in. I go to royal oak a lot when I’m going out with friends. There’s lots of young professionals that live there. Many commute to Detroit for work. But like with any city, Detroit had places that are safer to consider living than others. I’m sure current students could give insight on where to live! 

Im by no means a real estate expert but I have lived in the metro Detroit area my whole life! Feel free to DM me if you wanted to ask anything about the area!

Edited by Alize