2021-2022 Cycle

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, mari09 said:

hi! I just submitted my CASPA app and i've been working on the supplemental essays. Did anyone else really struggle with these? Do they want us to summarize our life for the autobiographical one? Any help would be appreciated!

I wouldn’t say I summarized my life. I brought up memorable moments from my childhood that led me to become the person I am. I wrote a short few sentences on why I am interested in working in peds from my listed life experiences. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 12:51 PM, mari09 said:

hi! I just submitted my CASPA app and i've been working on the supplemental essays. Did anyone else really struggle with these? Do they want us to summarize our life for the autobiographical one? Any help would be appreciated!

I "summarized" my life through really important and memorable moments and then from these how it's shaped me to be the person I am today. I left out PA things since everything else on the CASPA already talks about it. A source told me they want to be able to see you as a person and past the CASPA and past being a PA. Also not to mention things that are already on the CASPA and your personal statement if that helps.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, MilkyM00 said:

Reapplied this year (interviewed last year, but i froze up during it 😞 ) anyways…. Nothing yet! Submitted a couple weeks ago.

hi!! good luck this year!! would you mind sharing your stats that got you your interview last year?? we’ve got this!!!💪🏽

On 7/8/2021 at 12:51 AM, mari09 said:

hi!! good luck this year!! would you mind sharing your stats that got you your interview last year?? we’ve got this!!!💪🏽

Of course!

whooping… 3.4ish GPA! Maybe 1,300 hours of PCE.

keep in mind I had a few other things riding for me ( took extra science classes , diversity applicant, a ridiculous amount of community service hours, strong PS)

i feel like their process is very holistic!

Edited by MilkyM00
  • Like 2

On 7/7/2021 at 7:36 PM, MSN214 said:

@MilkyM00 hi!! Can I ask when they sent out invites last year and what was the interview format? 
good luck this year!! 

Yes, I had my invite sent mid August for I think a november (??) or late September interview, I think I submitted my application mid July last year . It was purely online, I recall a few group interviews and a singular interview, some other extra stuff like speaking with current students, presentations about the program. Some basic and ethical based questions. Faculty was super awesome. No complaints there at all!! I don’t have any interview tips, keep in mind I flunked mine lol

7 hours ago, MilkyM00 said:

Of course!

keep in mind I had a few other things riding for me ( took extra science classes , diversity applicant, a ridiculous amount of community service hours, strong PS)

Thank you for sharing this! Makes me feel better that they are holistic. Wishing you the best of luck this time!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MilkyM00 said:

Of course!

Could I ask how many community service hours you have? Just curious 🙂 Good luck to you this year!!!