Chapman University: 2021-2022 Cycle

18 hours ago, Zatchen said:

Hey ya'll 

I don't think I've made a post in the thread so Ill start from the beginning and try to list as much info.

Timeline:

App Submitted: 6/20/2021

Verified: 6/21/2021

Chapman Received: 6/22/2021

Interview Invite: 6/28/2021

Interview: 8/9/2021

Acceptance Phone Call: 8/11/2021

Stats:

Cum: 3.48

Sci: 3.28

PCE & HCE: 6500-7000 (EMT, ED Tech, Transport Tech)

Volunteer: 500 ( Community service, food banks, various community organizations)

Shadowing: 100 (  Internal Medicine and Emergency Department)

I honestly would say what got me an interview was my personal statement. I edited and reviewed my personal statement to an extreme level(I swear I have around 8-9 different versions in my google drive lol). I was then fortunate enough to have about a month to prepare for the actual interview. 

From what I was told the class still has a fair chunk of seats available so if you haven't gotten an interview, theres still a really good chance!

I hope this helped! Good luck to everyone thats waiting to hear back!

Thank you so much for the tips and sharing your stats! Would anyone else feel comfortable sharing their stats after receiving an acceptance call immediately? 

Does anyone have any information on how the interviews are being conducted on zoom?  Chapman is my first interview scheduled and am not sure about the format. Not looking for specific questions or anything, just not sure if I should expect a group zoom, break out sessions, just a panel of the admission? No idea! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tbwi225 said:

Does anyone have any information on how the interviews are being conducted on zoom?  Chapman is my first interview scheduled and am not sure about the format. Not looking for specific questions or anything, just not sure if I should expect a group zoom, break out sessions, just a panel of the admission? No idea! 

They send you the link a few days in advance. They have an optional info sesh usually the day before the interview. On the day of the interview, there is a meet and greet with current students that is optional (may be before/after your interview). The actual interview is a single link and you’re with 2 people on admissions for the entirety of the interview.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@PAlyfe1 hey I think I remember one of the interview faculty say that if we don't hear back by November that we could reach out to them to see what's up with our application status. For reference, I interviewed on 9/10. So if it's been a couple of months I would reach out and just ask if they have an update for you. Worst case is they confirm your fear of rejection but at least you know, medium case is they say no news be patient. 

But I feel you because I'm seeing these folks with acceptance calls like 4/5 days after they interviewed on the same day that I did. Just sitting and waiting. . . . 

Congrats to everyone accepted so far tho 🙂