Chapman University: 2021-2022 Cycle

Hi there Super Pre-PAs! 

I'm new to the forum, but just wanted to say hi to everyone! Congrats to all those who have applied because it really is a doozy. I am currently preparing for an interview this Friday, but a tad bit nervous for the 30 minute interview. Been preparing with one mock interview (and a second one tomorrow) along with Savanna Perry's book. For those of you who have interviewed, does that seem sufficient? 

1 hour ago, PAaDay said:

Hi there Super Pre-PAs! 

I'm new to the forum, but just wanted to say hi to everyone! Congrats to all those who have applied because it really is a doozy. I am currently preparing for an interview this Friday, but a tad bit nervous for the 30 minute interview. Been preparing with one mock interview (and a second one tomorrow) along with Savanna Perry's book. For those of you who have interviewed, does that seem sufficient? 

I also did a mock interview with a mentor of mine, and I found that to be helpful in calming down my nerves a bit. Savanna Perry's book gave me some insight, as well, since it familiarized me with common interview questions. I think you're more than prepared for this interview, and you'll find that it's very warm and welcoming so just be yourself!

And for those wondering about the time constraints, the interviewers will give you plenty of time to talk (even if that does mean going over the 30-minute limit just a tad bit). I went over by about 10 minutes, but I found the environment to be super friendly in my opinion. Hope that helps!

4 hours ago, Fizzypop said:

Hello Everyone! Is anyone a re-applicant? I submitted my application around July 20th and I haven’t heard anything. Does Chapman at least send an email or any sort of formal declination if you don’t get selected this cycle? Preparing for the worst but trying to stay hopeful…

Hi there! I’m a re-applicant and I received an interview this round coming up in Sept. They do send a formal rejection letter, but I wouldn’t focus on that at the moment, there’s still time. 

Does anyone know if Chapman is still extending interviews?

Submitted on 7/3

Received on 7/6

I have not heard anything back yet, and I’m starting to get worried that all of the slots have been filled since it is nearly 2 weeks post application deadline. I have where people who submitted a few days prior to me have received interviews so I’m unsure why I have yet to hear anything.

41 minutes ago, MaggieD said:

Does anyone know if Chapman is still extending interviews?

Submitted on 7/3

Received on 7/6

I have not heard anything back yet, and I’m starting to get worried that all of the slots have been filled since it is nearly 2 weeks post application deadline. I have where people who submitted a few days prior to me have received interviews so I’m unsure why I have yet to hear anything.

Heard that they are interviewing until October! 

• Like 1

Hey ya'll 

I don't think I've made a post in the thread so Ill start from the beginning and try to list as much info.

Timeline:

App Submitted: 6/20/2021

Verified: 6/21/2021

Chapman Received: 6/22/2021

Interview Invite: 6/28/2021

Interview: 8/9/2021

Acceptance Phone Call: 8/11/2021

Stats:

Cum: 3.48

Sci: 3.28

PCE & HCE: 6500-7000 (EMT, ED Tech, Transport Tech)

Volunteer: 500 ( Community service, food banks, various community organizations)

Shadowing: 100 (  Internal Medicine and Emergency Department)

I honestly would say what got me an interview was my personal statement. I edited and reviewed my personal statement to an extreme level(I swear I have around 8-9 different versions in my google drive lol). I was then fortunate enough to have about a month to prepare for the actual interview. 

From what I was told the class still has a fair chunk of seats available so if you haven't gotten an interview, theres still a really good chance!

I hope this helped! Good luck to everyone thats waiting to hear back!

• Like 1