Caseload Increased Out of Nowhere

I was wondering if ya'll could provide me with some advice, I recently accepted a new position 3 months ago in addiction medicine. The offer letter went as follows: 

Offer:
  • 40 hours a week
  • $125,000 annually
  • Medical and Dental Benefits
  • 3 weeks PTO and 1 week sick
  • 401(k) structure
  • Caseload: About 100 
  • Start date: January 4, 2021

Everything was fine and dandy until just recently, out of nowhere, they decided to increase my buprenorphine wavier to 275 patients, and now all of sudden they are expecting me to see double the case load of what was mentioned in the offer letter above. I have a meeting with HR next week to discuss this. I just need some advice on how to go about this and whether to request an increase in compensation or change in terms. Thank you!

When you say caseload you're talking weekly?

So at 100pts/wk and 40h/wk you're looking at 24mins/pt. or 2.5pts/hr (if every minute was spent on patient care of course)

If they are increasing you to 275pts/wk you're looking at 6.9pt/hr or 8.7mins/pt.

I have never worked addiction medicine but I have trouble believing any field could manage that.

Am I misunderstanding the definition of caseload?