University of Bridgeport 2021-2022 Cycle

Did anyone that was put on the waitlist after an interview respond to the email to confirm your spot, and have you gotten a response from Zeina yet? I responded on Friday about an hour after receiving the email, and I haven't heard anything. I'm just wondering if others are in the same boat or if I should shoot another email.

8 minutes ago, jerry31620 said:

Did anyone that was put on the waitlist after an interview respond to the email to confirm your spot, and have you gotten a response from Zeina yet? I responded on Friday about an hour after receiving the email, and I haven't heard anything. I'm just wondering if others are in the same boat or if I should shoot another email.

I responded but I wouldn’t expect a response back from her. I attempted to ask her a question about the interview and she didn’t get back to me until last minute so I feel like if she didn’t intend to send another email she won’t, you know?

1 hour ago, Rhodeislander4 said:

I responded but I wouldn’t expect a response back from her. I attempted to ask her a question about the interview and she didn’t get back to me until last minute so I feel like if she didn’t intend to send another email she won’t, you know?

Got it, thank you. I’m glad I’m not the only one. 

12 hours ago, Papre77 said:

I got the same email and am also a little confused. 

The email I got (and assuming everyone else from that day as well) specifically stated that we were on the waitlist for an interview. It sounds like the one that you guys got is letting you know that you’re still under consideration overall. I’m not sure, though.

On 9/7/2021 at 9:22 PM, jerry31620 said:

Yes same boat

14 hours ago, athena41 said:

hey y'all for those who got accepted, are any of you kinda in a limbo where you want to put down the deposit but also see if you got accepted in any other schools? I really like UB but i'm also like... what if these other schools have more to offer?

You have to make the choice that is best for you. I knew that UB was at the top of my list, so I have declined 3 other acceptances and declined 10 interviews, knowing that someone else would be happy to have that opportunity. Overall, I believe that UB has a lot to offer, and last year I met a couple students from the program that are having a great experience with excellent professors and rotation sites. It is a risk saying no to an acceptance, though, so you have to decide if you are willing to wait to hear from other programs. If you feel that other programs have more to offer, then perhaps making a list of the programs and what they offer would be helpful for you.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 3:56 PM, ML543 said:

Does anyone know if UB has simulation labs with sim mannequins? If so, how many sim labs/mannequins do they have? Does anyone know where I can find more about this or access a virtual tour? I do not see anything on their website. 

Yes, there is a sim lab with sim mannequins. They have a sim man, a sim woman for simulation of childbirth, and a sim baby.

1 hour ago, katef21 said:

Was accepted off the waitlist today but will not be taking the seat, good luck to others on the waitlist!!

Have they concluded interviews if they’re already doing waitlist acceptances ? I’m still in the “under consideration” phase. Also, congrats on your acceptance! 

On 9/17/2021 at 10:00 PM, Mjf52 said:

Have they concluded interviews if they’re already doing waitlist acceptances ? I’m still in the “under consideration” phase. Also, congrats on your acceptance! 

Obviously I don’t know for sure, but I don’t think they would have  sent out the interview waitlist if they weren’t planning on doing more interviews. I think they planned to fill a certain number of spots from the first interview session, so they’ll use waitlist people to make sure those spots are filled, then move on to another round of interviews. Unorthodox for sure but I think more likely then being totally done with interviews, right?

Edited by Rhodeislander4
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Sd264 said:

For those of you accepted off of the waitlist, what date do you have to respond by? I am trying to guess when they may take students from the waiting list for an interview.  

The email says the deposit is due by 10/04, which is two weeks from today. I’m not sure if it’s exactly two weeks for everyone or if it just happened that way for me. 

• Thanks 1