University of Bridgeport 2021-2022 Cycle

1 hour ago, rachaelim07 said:

The email didn't specify interview waitlist. Talked to couple PAs that I work with and they recommended to email the school to verify. After reading the email, the PAs said that there is a good chance they might be accepting students without interview. So definitely, clarification from the school is needed. 

To add to this, being accepted without interview is uncommon, but it does happen. Take Arcadia this year for example. The only difference is that they aren't interviewing at all. Given the fact that people on this site don't seem to have been accepted or rejected yet, maybe this is UB's way of culling the herd. I would expect that you guys who interviewed already will be hearing back pretty soon, and depending on how that goes, they'll start moving off of the waitlist as people accept or reject seat offers. This is all conjecture by the way, and UB seems like they're switching things up this year because last year's forum has nothing pertaining to waitlists this early; People were already being accepted.

Edited by Darkside990
Words are difficult.
  • Like 3

So I had some time here at work and did a little digging in the 2019 forum for UB, and the only time applicants were waitlisted was after they had already interviewed--there did not appear to be any pre-interview waitlisting. However, most of the folks that were placed on the waitlist were eventually offered spots via telephone in mid-late September (interviews started in July for 2019). Not here to get anyone's hopes up including my own, just felt like looking at the past would be a bit helpful. At the very least, we know that UB has actually utilized their waitlist and didn't let it serve as a silent rejection like some schools tend to do. Also of note, no one in that thread mentioned that they had been rejected. UB definitely has their own way of doing things...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Darkside990 said:

So I had some time here at work and did a little digging in the 2019 forum for UB, and the only time applicants were waitlisted was after they had already interviewed--there did not appear to be any pre-interview waitlisting. However, most of the folks that were placed on the waitlist were eventually offered spots via telephone in mid-late September (interviews started in July for 2019). Not here to get anyone's hopes up including my own, just felt like looking at the past would be a bit helpful. At the very least, we know that UB has actually utilized their waitlist and didn't let it serve as a silent rejection like some schools tend to do. Also of note, no one in that thread mentioned that they had been rejected. UB definitely has their own way of doing things...

Hello, so for little clarification, did you mean the people who got the waitlist email,  they might get direct acceptance without interview? 

Edited by Arbi18

32 minutes ago, Arbi18 said:

Hello, so for little clarification, did you mean the people who got the waitlist email,  they might get direct acceptance without interview? 

I didn’t go as far as clarifying that because I don’t know. Do I think that’s a possibility? I’m not too sure, their website implies that everyone must interview, which is standard. The only thing I know with certainty is that in 2019, most of the people on this forum that self-reported being placed on the waitlist after interviewing were offered spots via phone call (4-6 people iirc).

So a couple things I noticed about the 2020 cycle before I stop stressing myself out (plus my shift is almost over lol):

Interview invites went out late June and people were accepted as soon as 7/2, people were putting down deposits around 7/16. Seems to have been the same 20 person virtual interview with a group exercise. People had applied in May, and were left in the dark (no waitlist or anything, just the email saying the app was under review) as long as until early August. People were waitlisted (post interview) starting around 8/24. People started to be accepted from the waitlist 9/10. Apparently, they were asking if applicants would like their waitlist positions held or not around 9/22. It looks like their last interview session was in November. On 10/16, there was someone who had never received an invite or rejection, they were just in “stasis.” 11/2, people who hadn’t received anything until that day were asked if they were still interested in the program (no interview invite). A tide of waitlist acceptances came mid-November (all post-interview). Wave of rejections voiced the first week of January.

So it looks like they keep everyone in play until the class is full, but we were waitlisted right from the get go?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Darkside990 said:

So a couple things I noticed about the 2020 cycle before I stop stressing myself out (plus my shift is almost over lol):

Interview invites went out late June and people were accepted as soon as 7/2, people were putting down deposits around 7/16. Seems to have been the same 20 person virtual interview with a group exercise. People had applied in May, and were left in the dark (no waitlist or anything, just the email saying the app was under review) as long as until early August. People were waitlisted (post interview) starting around 8/24. People started to be accepted from the waitlist 9/10. Apparently, they were asking if applicants would like their waitlist positions held or not around 9/22. It looks like their last interview session was in November. On 10/16, there was someone who had never received an invite or rejection, they were just in “stasis.” 11/2, people who hadn’t received anything until that day were asked if they were still interested in the program (no interview invite). A tide of waitlist acceptances came mid-November (all post-interview). Wave of rejections voiced the first week of January.

So it looks like they keep everyone in play until the class is full, but we were waitlisted right from the get go?

Hey guys, I interviewed about ~2.5 weeks ago. Still haven't heard anything back yet. From my understanding it looks like a lot of programs have a two-pronged waitlist. Those that interviewed can get waitlisted and those that have not been offered an interview are waitlisted for an interview. This is likely a way to sure up spots for their program as those that have been accepted but do not matriculate give up their spots to the first waitlist. Once that waitlist is depleted they dig into the waitlisted interviews. The approach is likely due to meeting bare minimums but making sure you are genuine about your goals and intentions of being a PA. This is just my $0.02 though. I have no idea how it actually works behind the scenes lol. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, midas22 said:

Hey guys, I interviewed about ~2.5 weeks ago. Still haven't heard anything back yet. From my understanding it looks like a lot of programs have a two-pronged waitlist. Those that interviewed can get waitlisted and those that have not been offered an interview are waitlisted for an interview. This is likely a way to sure up spots for their program as those that have been accepted but do not matriculate give up their spots to the first waitlist. Once that waitlist is depleted they dig into the waitlisted interviews. The approach is likely due to meeting bare minimums but making sure you are genuine about your goals and intentions of being a PA. This is just my $0.02 though. I have no idea how it actually works behind the scenes lol. 

We figured that this was possibly the case in the above replies, however, the email from UB did not specify that this was an interview invite waitlisting. It just flat out stated that the application was waitlisted. Most of the programs that work as you describe make it clear that you have been waitlisted for an interview. The main question here is why would UB keep every applicant on a waitlist just because they meet the minimums? That should encompass like 85-90% of the people that applied.

From what I just stated and the fact that in 2020 people had radio silence up until October, I guess we could say that there is a fair chance that while people haven't been rejected outright, maybe UB is silently tiering their applicants into the folks that they know they want (i.e. you folks that have already interviewed), and people that they want as well, just as alternates for the first tier. As we've both said, this is all conjecture lol.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, ML543 said:

Hey guys, has anyone heard back yet from any of the interviews this cycle? I wonder if they have started accepting students.

I feel like they haven't started making acceptance calls/emails yet. I thought for sure we would hear something today since it seems like they sent those waitlist emails to a lot of people yesterday, but it looks like we'll be waiting at least until tomorrow. It's so close to being three weeks out from the 12th/13th interview dates. I was hoping we would hear back closer to the two week mark than the three week mark. 🙄

• Like 2

I'm guessing they got a lot of questions about that waitlist email, because I just got this follow-up email.

"Thank you for your interest in the University of Bridgeport’s PA program. Per the previous email, your application has been placed on the waitlist for the January 2022 class. Your application is still under consideration. We will notify you via email if you are invited for an interview, or if the status of your application changes.  

We are not accepting any additional information about your application at this time. "

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, kathrynfircha said:

I'm guessing they got a lot of questions about that waitlist email, because I just got this follow-up email.

"Thank you for your interest in the University of Bridgeport’s PA program. Per the previous email, your application has been placed on the waitlist for the January 2022 class. Your application is still under consideration. We will notify you via email if you are invited for an interview, or if the status of your application changes.  

We are not accepting any additional information about your application at this time. "

I got the same email about 10 min ago. I guess it’s better than a rejection.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Mjf52 said:

Welp,  I guess I’d consider myself out of the running. I didn’t get any email about being waitlisted or an interview. Win some loose some! Good luck everyone! 

Hey there, don’t give up hope! A current student said that they were accepted only a few weeks before the program started. There’s always a chance 🙂 just remember that you and your experiences have value!

• Like 2