Unemployment Benefits during School?

Hi all,

I was wondering if there has been anyone that has applied for unemployment benefits while in PA school? I know that previously you weren't able to do so but I wasn't sure if any of that changed due to the CARES Act. I am beginning PA school in August and am looking at all and any resources available to ease the burden of tuition and living expenses.

Thank you

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2021 at 10:09 AM, NAtoPAJ said:

Hi all,

I was wondering if there has been anyone that has applied for unemployment benefits while in PA school? I know that previously you weren't able to do so but I wasn't sure if any of that changed due to the CARES Act. I am beginning PA school in August and am looking at all and any resources available to ease the burden of tuition and living expenses.

Thank you

Unemployment is designed for those who are out of a job and in the search/actively working for a new one. You chose to attend PA school and paid for CASPA, supplemental applications, etc. Avoid attempting to double dip because it can be...illegal.

Edited by TeddyRucpin