Conspiracy against MCP in the HOD?

I'm not from New York (actually I am, but I moved away in 1962) and I have nothing to do with what gets acccepted by the Huddle.

Just my two cents but I'm not surprised that the note above keeps getting taken down. It alleges conspiracies it doesn't prove rather than just pointing out the issues and asking the legitimate questions the author clearly has.

If anything, notes like this probably influence people who would otherwise probably be on our side to rethink their position and vote against us.

I was in the HOD a bunch of times. I got a strong impression that the outcomes for most votes were preordained. When a possible outcome looked to be veering from its preordained course, there was a flurry of parliamentary activities, amendments, tablings, untablings, etc that inevitably redirected things back on course.

I'm not knocking these people - they are pros at what they do. 99% of HOD members are completely out of their league in trying to play the game against the folks. It's like hopping into a pickup basketball game against Michael Jordan.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, UGoLong said:

Haven't we learned enough about using "fake news" and "alternative facts" in this country? Let's everyone take off our conspiracy hats for a day or two?

agreed on most fronts but years ago when huddle first started I gave up trying to post

repeatedly had posts deleted and edited for content that was not an issue (same info as my posts here)

They have an agenda and use huddle to advance that agenda through moderation, deleting posts that don't agree, and allow incorrect posts to gain traction....  see below

Recently they posted essentially "now that Physician Associate is the chosen name"  WHAT?  HOD has not voted, it is FAKE NEWS and they are trying to steer the discussion with misinformation.  

Just calling a spade a spade..... and now I am back on huddle trying to provide counterpoints.....

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, UGoLong said:

Haven't we learned enough about using "fake news" and "alternative facts" in this country? Let's everyone take off our conspiracy hats for a day or two?

Conspiracy was probably too strong of a word, but it was late and I couldn’t think of something else. But I did want to hear someone’s explanation for all this. It does seem as if someone isn’t playing fair.

• Like 1

I stay in the Huddle because it is a good way of keeping up with what the insiders are up to. I have posts removed all the time over someone's interpretation of an "attack". Most of the mods are children of the "safe space" variety guided by old timers with an agenda. I assign the mods no malice. They are just doing what safe space kids do. I'd just like a couple of opportunities to demonstrate what a real attack or insult looks like so they have a point of comparison.

I don't like the way parlimentary rules are used to beat down people that don't know them in depth. they get weaponized. I was on a hospital board for several years that used modified or limited Robert's Rules. It kept things orderly without suppressing dialogue.

I think there is some hinky stuff happening in the HOD in relation to the title change but I don't think these tactics are anything new. It is just a (rare) subject a lot of people care about.

This all kicked up when one of the old timers in the Huddle started a "now that we have settled on Associate let's talk about how to brand it" thread when the HOD hasn't even met.  It was either a clever (cynical) ploy to make some people think the issue had been settled so they would stop campaigning for MCP or he accidentally showed some inside baseball. Either way it stunk.

Let em raise hell about it. If nothing else it let's the insiders know people are paying attention.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, sas5814 said:

"This all kicked up when one of the old timers in the Huddle started a "now that we have settled on Associate let's talk about how to brand it" thread when the HOD hasn't even met.  It was either a clever (cynical) ploy to make some people think the issue had been settled so they would stop campaigning for MCP or he accidentally showed some inside baseball. Either way it stunk."

I was a student where he was program director in the 1990's. He always seemed a bit shady to me. The rest of the faculty was stellar, but I can't say I trusted Glen completely. Not saying he hasn't done positive things for the profession, but always seemed to have an agenda, and apparently still does.

• Upvote 1

I won't go on Huddle.

Not anonymous and I don't EVER want an employer using any type of media to watch me. It's wrong.

Huddle is just a mouthpiece for AAPA and their agenda.

They censor everything - that is wrong.

I am not paying AAPA right now because I don't trust them to represent what the majority of PAs want and need in this country. 

No honest conversation or listening. 

Between AAPA and NCCPA we are just screwed most days.

Trying to be positive but censorship and agendas really piss me off.

• Upvote 1

I have been a once-a-month donator to the PAC for a while. Monday I cancelled that donation and told them it was due to Huddle moderation.

It wasn't exactly a hunger strike but its what I had. Next may be my membership. I really like the changes I have seen in recent years. I am seeing some real back sliding right now. It may be a blip on the radar but my sense it there is a relationship to some new leadership that is about to be annointed and the old guard has been emboldened.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah the posts there have been crazy. Conspiracy? I dunno but there are some who are definitely pushing a false narrative for sure. i.e: the assertion that "Physician Associate" is a done deal and the strong opposition for voter transparency of the HOD members..  I'm with scott and I'm about to pull my PAC funds and prob even my membership if this keeps up. 

on a positive note, many new posters on there now and I think they're from this forum! So Strong Work PA Forum! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joelseff said:

Yeah the posts there have been crazy. Conspiracy? I dunno but there are some who are definitely pushing a false narrative for sure. i.e: the assertion that "Physician Associate" is a done deal and the strong opposition for voter transparency of the HOD members..  I'm with scott and I'm about to pull my PAC funds and prob even my membership if this keeps up. 

on a positive note, many new posters on there now and I think they're from this forum! So Strong Work PA Forum! 

I’ll probably pull my membership again if we spent a million dollars on title investigation that we ignore, plus this shady business along with it. I thought electing a proper AAPA leaders was a huge change. Didn’t realize there were so much left in HOD.

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, LT_Oneal_PAC said:

I’ll probably pull my membership again if we spent a million dollars on title investigation that we ignore, plus this shady business along with it. I thought electing a proper AAPA leaders was a huge change. Didn’t realize there were so much left in HOD.

yea.... that is kinda where I'm at right now. Things have been going so well in the last few years but, knowing most of the key players, I am seeing the old guard re-emboldened with the pending changes in leadership. I'm reserving final judgement until after the HOD.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LT_Oneal_PAC said:

Same. I JUST re-joined as I'd heard so many good things (and wanted a copy of the April JAAPA). One of the first things I saw on Huddle was the BS post about "associate" being the decided upon title.

Sure they won't miss me too much but death by a thousand cuts is still a thing!

• Upvote 1

honestly I am not sure what I will do with AAPA membership

They are making great strides and helping across the country to get OTP going - and we must have this

if HOD kills name change totally i will be PO!!!  and not sure how it will go

if HOD goes to ASSOCIATE I am okay with that and so be it (AAPA has no vision for the long run, no exceptional leaders that listen to anyone but their own folks who then can force change against the entrenched old guard)  They used the report to justify staying with PA initials when the report specifically addresses this and the outcome would be known if they asked current PA - hence the "no vision" comment - as a whole AAPA is a huge amount better, and forcing OTP, stood up against NCCPA last year, and changes are working, but the total lack of getting behind MCP has he at a loss....

waiting to see how HOD handles this

Would love it is someone would provide cliff note versions of the days happening at HOD - I just don't have the time to watch (and i might have a stoke or MI watching it!)

The BOD has, so far, taken a  hands off approach to this so the HOD could do it's thing without the board's influence. 

I have some idea where she stands but it is only educated speculation so I'll not guess. I'll say that the closer it gets to time for her to be annointed the more I am hearing from some old guard folks who have been pretty quiet for the last few years.

39 minutes ago, sas5814 said:

The BOD has, so far, taken a  hands off approach to this so the HOD could do it's thing without the board's influence. 

I have some idea where she stands but it is only educated speculation so I'll not guess. I'll say that the closer it gets to time for her to be annointed the more I am hearing from some old guard folks who have been pretty quiet for the last few years.

@sas5814

Could you explain how PAFT came to the conclusion of endorsing Physician Associate? I am just very curious. I am still waiting to hear good things about Physician Associate, so I can fully behind it.