2021-2022 Application Cycle

10 minutes ago, Juvanbu said:

I received an email 7/15  saying that I was pending passing initial screening, and havent heard anything since. What was your time frame?

Last year there was somebody who passed initial screening in May and then got an interview in August! I think it really varies. 

I'm getting a little nervous since I think they're getting close to final interview invites. Just hoping for the best ❤️ 

Edited by alysd

23 hours ago, Elsebond said:

Applied 7/6/21

passed initial screening 7/23/21

no interview or rejection yet

Updated: got rejected too 😕

stats if it helps, I’m a career changer post bacc, just decided to switch paths a year and a half ago.

GPA overall: 3.80

post bacc/last 60/ all science pre-reqs: 3.94

PCE hours: 1,050 time of app optometrist tech 

volunteer: 25 (I know not great) 

1 hour ago, Elsebond said:

Updated: got rejected too 😕

stats if it helps, I’m a career changer post bacc, just decided to switch paths a year and a half ago.

GPA overall: 3.80

post bacc/last 60/ all science pre-reqs: 3.94

PCE hours: 1,050 time of app optometrist tech 

volunteer: 25 (I know not great) 

Sorry to hear, hope you have luck elsewhere! 
My rejected stats in case it helps anyone:

cGPA 3.09; last 60units 3.8

sGPA 3.66

4,000 hours PCE, 800 hours HCE

900 hours volunteer 

GRE 314, writing 5.0

I think my main weakness is my overall GPA  I’m an older returning student who didn’t do well in my early undergrad as a young adult  

Hopefully another program will give me a shot ♥️

Edited by alysd

15 hours ago, bella97 said:

Was offered an interview today for 9/1. Does anyone know how many people they interview? and has anyone who interviewed heard back? 

Congratulations on the interview! I’m excited for you guys!

Unfortunately, I was rejected. Can you share your GPA and PCE/HCE stats ?

Also, does anyone know if you can ask or follow up with the school what areas of our application were weak?

On 8/7/2021 at 12:05 PM, lilrice said:

I applied 7/8 and received confirmation on 7/9. I still have not received notice that I passed the initial screening, should I be concerned? I was very careful checking all their requirements and that I met them before applying. 

I applied 7/12 and received confirmation on 7/15. I also haven't received notice that I passed the initial screening. Keeping my fingers crossed for both you and me!

On 8/6/2021 at 6:15 PM, bella97 said:

Was offered an interview today for 9/1. Does anyone know how many people they interview? and has anyone who interviewed heard back? 

I interviewed yesterday and they said they received about 2,500 applications and interview about 200 people! I haven't heard back yet if I'm rejected or kept in the applicant pool but they said we should expect to hear by the end of this week.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, acortisol said:

Passed initial screening, but was rejected without an interview. Onto the next!

Does anyone have an email that I could contact to try and discuss my application?

After I got rejected last year I emailed them but got only generic response back that they don’t offer individual advice. The best luck I had was attending one of their webinars the following spring. Admissions & admin reps were present there, and due to showing initiative by attending the webinars they were really receptive to helping out and answering what was weak about my app compared to other applicants. I think I called the admissions office too but can’t recall if I got in touch with anyone. Best success at the webinars. 

I made improvements but unfortunately I guess it still wasn’t quite good enough, because I got denied again 😅 but such is life.

If you have any luck getting feedback via email please do me a favor and let me know! 

Edited by alysd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...