2021-2022 Application Cycle

2 hours ago, ccrodriguez said:

Hello everyone! I'm Cintia! Pleasure to be here! I submitted my application on May 17 via CASPA, verified a few days later! I wish everyone nothing but good vibes on this journey! Be proud of where you stand. 

This is my first application cycle, and I am inevitably nervous yet super excited about this phase in my life!

How are you all preparing for interviews? I recently purchased a book from Amazon (link below) and I am wondering how you're all preparing.

https://www.amazon.com/Physician-Assistant-School-Interview-Guide/dp/1732076006

This is BY FAR the best book to read for interviews! I recommend everyone getting this book. It made a world of difference between my first interview and second. Good luck everyone!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, shelbyd07 said:

Hey everyone! I received an email from UOP today inviting me for an interview on July 19th!! I am so excited to meet everyone! Fingers crossed for those still waiting to hear back, and good luck to everyone!

Congratulations! I wish you the best on your interview! Very exciting......

On 6/17/2021 at 3:12 PM, shelbyd07 said:

Hey everyone! I received an email from UOP today inviting me for an interview on July 19th!! I am so excited to meet everyone! Fingers crossed for those still waiting to hear back, and good luck to everyone!

I am also interviewing on 7/19!  Look forward to meeting you!

• Like 2

I received a rejection email from them a few days ago 😞

I'm not sure why because I felt like I met/exceeded their criteria but just feeling a little sad as this was the first school I heard back from this cycle so far.

Congratulations to everyone that received an interview and good luck!!

16 minutes ago, MSN214 said:

I received a rejection email from them a few days ago 😞

I'm not sure why because I felt like I met/exceeded their criteria but just feeling a little sad as this was the first school I heard back from this cycle so far.

Congratulations to everyone that received an interview and good luck!!

I'm sorry to hear about the bad news @MSN214

I have a feeling I have one coming from UOP as well. Maybe you can reach out to UOP and see what you can improve on so next year you'll have a better shot of getting in to their program.

Keep your head up. There are plenty of other great PA programs out there. Keep grinding it out and you'll get in somewhere 🏃‍♂️

17 minutes ago, mari09 said:

Got a confirmation of my submission today!! Super excited and really hoping that I'm not too late to the game here. Just waiting to see if I passed that initial review😬 Good luck to everyone!!!!

Congrats @mari09!

I don't think you're late at all. I submitted my app a few weeks ago and I'm still waiting to see if I pass the initial review. Good luck!

- Jake

1 minute ago, mnel47 said:

Hello everyone, I was offered an interview for July 21st. My application timeline so far is below.

Submitted: 6/09, Verified: 6/14, UOP Received: 6/15, Passed Initial: 6/17, Interview Invite: 6/22

Thanks for passing along your timeline @mnel47!

Its been 2 weeks since UOP sent me a confirmation e-mail, but I still have no update whether I passed  the initial review or not. Very odd but I'm expecting to get some sort of rejection letter. Looks like it only took you 2 days for you to pass the initial review. Congrats!

- Jake

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jake408 said:

Its been 2 weeks since UOP sent me a confirmation e-mail, but I still have no update whether I passed  the initial review or not. Very odd but I'm expecting to get some sort of rejection letter. Looks like it only took you 2 days for you to pass the initial review. Congrats!

- Jake

Thanks! I wouldn't worry too much yet if I were you. It's still really early in the cycle and it like @LDchick said there are plenty of interview slots available. Also, try not to look at your phone/check your email all day. 🙃 It's stressful and each time I've gotten an email from a program (good, bad, or neutral) it has been during a time where my phone wasn't anywhere near me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mnel47 said:

Thanks! I wouldn't worry too much yet if I were you. It's still really early in the cycle and it like @LDchick said there are plenty of interview slots available. Also, try not to look at your phone/check your email all day. 🙃 It's stressful and each time I've gotten an email from a program (good, bad, or neutral) it has been during a time where my phone wasn't anywhere near me.

Thanks for words of encouragement @mnel47! I really hope your right 🤞

- Jake

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mnel47 said:

Hello everyone, I was offered an interview for July 21st. My application timeline so far is below.

Submitted: 6/09, Verified: 6/14, UOP Received: 6/15, Passed Initial: 6/17, Interview Invite: 6/22

congrats that's so exciting!!! will you maybe share your stats if you feel comfortable?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Jake408 said:

- Jake

1 hour ago, mnel47 said:

@mnel47 that is awesome. I submitted around the same time. Do you mind sharing your stats?

42 minutes ago, mari09 said:

congrats that's so exciting!!! will you maybe share your stats if you feel comfortable?

Thank you! My stats are below, but take them with a grain of salt for information purposes instead of comparison purposes. Of course there are certain stats needed to pass initial screenings, but interview invitations come from a more holistic application review. 

BS in Health Science w/ Health Education Emphasis from Chico State

cGPA: 3.60, sGPA: 3.48

PCH: > 6000 (Medical assistant at Planned Parenthood & UCSF)

HCH: ~ 1000 (Volunteer Coordinator and admin MA work at UCSF)

Volunteer: > 100 (over the last 7-8 years so not super impressive)

Shadowing: 26 hrs (14 in person, 12 virtual)

LORs: 1 current supervisor, 2 MDs, 1 NP (All from UCSF)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mnel47 said:

BS in Health Science w/ Health Education Emphasis from Chico State

cGPA: 3.60, sGPA: 3.48

PCH: > 6000 (Medical assistant at Planned Parenthood & UCSF)

HCH: ~ 1000 (Volunteer Coordinator and admin MA work at UCSF)

Hey Chico State alum! I grew up in Chico 🙂 Went to CSUC for a couple of years at one point. Live in SF now.

• Like 1