Frostburg 2021-2022

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2021 at 4:19 PM, scc27 said:

Hey Everyone! 

Good luck with this application cycle! I am soon to be a PA-S2 at Frostburg, if you have any questions about the school to reply in this thread, or send me a private message, I'd love to help out!

Hi there! I was wondering what color scrubs Frostburg allows? If any… (Really want to get new scrubs, but play my cards right and not waste money! Haha) 
Also, I know that the program is 24 months, are there any breaks through those 2 years? If so, when and for how long? 

• Like 2

Found out I was waitlisted for the 2nd cycle! Fortunately I’ve been accepted elsewhere, so at least I’ll be going somewhere. I was feeling really hopeful about Frostburg, but it might not be in the cards for me! I’m also curious how you guys feel about their PANCE pass rates being below 85%. I know they’re a newer program and don’t have a lot of data yet. 

@moongirl97congratulations on your acceptance elsewhere!!

I did not realize their PANCE rates were posted yet so I didn't even see that, is it on their website? I think with them being a new program with the year of COVID for their first class taking the exam it was expected for the rates to be lower! After meeting the faculty I have no concerns with the quality and just hope our class can increase the stats!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2021 at 11:22 AM, MadiPA said:

Hi there! I was wondering what color scrubs Frostburg allows? If any… (Really want to get new scrubs, but play my cards right and not waste money! Haha) 
Also, I know that the program is 24 months, are there any breaks through those 2 years? If so, when and for how long? 

We only wear black scrubs, some clinical rotations may have you wearing hospital scrubs (like Surgical rotations), but the program has us wearing black scrubs!

We do get some breaks here and there. End of Summer 1 there is a week long break. Then Wednesday-Sunday for the week of Thanksgiving. 2 week break at the end of Fall semester. Usually Spring break falls around St. Patrick's day and lasts a week (for didactic year). Then a 2 week break at the end of Spring I. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Highlander10 said:

I was accepted and subsequently gave up my seat bc the PANCE rates made me nervous. I was looking forward to attending this program given the distance from home, the mission statement, and my initial impression of the faculty last year. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sunshine8 said:

They only gave out four more after November 4? Or they only had 4 interview dates total? How do ya know? Also thanks for the response! 

Oh I meant in the interview I was at on 11/16 recently, there was only 3 other candidates present aside from me. I’m unsure if that was their last interview date or not. 

Edited by Mochi09