RVU Application Cycle 2021-2022

1 hour ago, futurepa9910 said:

@seb14e did you draw attention to or explain this? I interviewed on the same day as you but didn't get a call. I am questioning if this is something I should address so it doesn't hold me back. I didn't take it due to financial reasons and a death of a sick family member!

I did not take the PA-CAT or mention it during the interview. I honestly forgot about the PA-CAT recommendation. 

On 9/23/2021 at 2:19 PM, daysofdash said:

For those who interviewed at this program, how did the interview go? Was it stressful, laid-back, or in-between? Any details we should know?

It went so well! I thought it was quick and to the point compared to other interviews. They said that they are about halfway done with interviewing people and will extend offers in the next two weeks, otherwise they are going to evaluate all the applicants that interviewed again in December. 

On 9/23/2021 at 1:19 PM, daysofdash said:

For those who interviewed at this program, how did the interview go? Was it stressful, laid-back, or in-between? Any details we should know?

Mostly laid back, although I’d count my individual one as stressful since I had “stone face” interviewers.  They weren’t mean, I was just uncomfortable. Group ones were really fun.

Haven’t heard back yet and I’m kind of not expecting the best result. 

3 minutes ago, mmart123 said:

Has anyone not heard back about a rejection or an interview? Early June I heard they had all my application materials and I met their requirements, but nothing thereafter. Anyone else in the same boat? 

I do wonder if all of the interview invites are finished going out but I can’t say for sure. Everyone will hear something by December I think. 

Did anyone run into the issue with the supplemental fee? I paid it and did all the necessary application steps but had not heard from them since I submitted a few months ago and now when I check online it says my application fee is not paid? I am concerned I am just going to be denied because it says my application fee is not paid

17 hours ago, ghilsinger said:

Did anyone run into the issue with the supplemental fee? I paid it and did all the necessary application steps but had not heard from them since I submitted a few months ago and now when I check online it says my application fee is not paid? I am concerned I am just going to be denied because it says my application fee is not paid

No :/, but I’d call them ASAP… i

On 10/13/2021 at 10:23 AM, Ashleylucas said:

Did anyone who interviewed on 10.5 hear anything yet? *keeping my fingers crossed*

I haven't heard anything from the 10/01 interview if this makes you feel better! They told us if any of us are "super star candidates" it is possible we would hear by next week!  If not, don't worry we will probably hear by the end of November. I also wonder if anyone received a phone call about their status the week after the 10/01 interview..

On 10/21/2021 at 7:58 AM, liltatertot said:

I haven't heard anything from the 10/01 interview if this makes you feel better! They told us if any of us are "super star candidates" it is possible we would hear by next week!  If not, don't worry we will probably hear by the end of November. I also wonder if anyone received a phone call about their status the week after the 10/01 interview..

Haha well If I’m not a super star, I must be a regular star. BUT when you’re looking up to the night sky most stars shine the same anyways!!

• Like 2

On 11/2/2021 at 2:39 PM, liltatertot said:

Congratulations omg, you're a superstar!!! Did they tell you guys at your interview that most people would hear back by the end of November too?

thank you!! and yeah they said it would be around 3 weeks from our interview so mid-late November.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Received a rejection email but frankly, I wasn't planning to attend RVU. The probation status and low PANCE pass rate and being flagged by the VA (Veterans Affairs department) for "heightened cash monitoring" with a cautionary warning on the VA.gov website for students who are veterans was a huge red flag.

I knew about the probation status but didn't realize until after I applied that the PANCE rates were in the low 80s and that they got in trouble with the VA. So knowing what I know now, I was going to attend a different program even if they accepted me. 

Edited by daysofdash

19 minutes ago, MilkyM00 said:

If I had gotten in, this program would’ve been my last choice too. I’m sure it’s a difficult choice for students entering, right now it seems like a  money and education risk

Not a concern at all. I feel the staff and faculty addressed the issues competently during the interview. They addressed the PANCE and how they will improve with data-backed methods. The program is cheaper than other programs around the country—much cheaper than another program I was accepted to in Georgia.

1 minute ago, Maguilar said:

Not a concern at all. I feel the staff and faculty addressed the issues competently during the interview. They addressed the PANCE and how they will improve with data-backed methods. The program is cheaper than other programs around the country—much cheaper than another program I was accepted to in Georgia.

I don’t recall them addressed the money issues, I do recall them address the PANCE rates!

31 minutes ago, MilkyM00 said:

I don’t recall them addressed the money issues, I do recall them address the PANCE rates!

Not sure if their are money issues. You are correct, they did not mention anything. I looked into the flagging. The probation status seems to be the most obvious reason for this. Heightened cash monitoring status can result from various issues. According to the government:

Schools may be placed on HCM1 or HCM2 as a result of compliance issues including but not limited to accreditation issues, late or missing annual financial statements and/or audits, outstanding liabilities, denial of re-certifications, concern around the school's administrative capabilities, concern around a school's financial responsibility, and possibly severe findings uncovered during a program review.”

Maybe I’m making myself blind to an issue, but the program appears to be extremely competent and costs less than most programs I’ve looked into. I’m excited to start. 

Edited by Maguilar
  • Like 1