RVU Application Cycle 2021-2022

Hi everyone! I thought I would start this cycle's thread off with a question. For the "prerequisites" tab on CASPA, it looks like we have to enter something from our transcripts, but the only requirement for RVU is the minimum GPA. I'm curious to know what folks are selecting for this (ex. adding all of your courses, just the suggested prerequisite courses, etc.). Thanks in advance and best of luck to all!!

Another question... does anyone (current students or applicants) know how heavily preferred the PA-CAT is? Is it almost a deal breaker if I don't take it? For reference I have 7 years military, 8 years healthcare as an EMT in the ER, 3.0 cGPA (not great), multiple medical mission trips internationally and stateside. Really don't want to take it if I don't have to. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2021 at 1:37 PM, jp42593 said:

Hi everyone! I thought I would start this cycle's thread off with a question. For the "prerequisites" tab on CASPA, it looks like we have to enter something from our transcripts, but the only requirement for RVU is the minimum GPA. I'm curious to know what folks are selecting for this (ex. adding all of your courses, just the suggested prerequisite courses, etc.). Thanks in advance and best of luck to all!!

I am also very confused by this.

12 hours ago, abbre said:

I received the confirmation email today/invitation to log into the portal to complete the supplemental but the username and password combination I was given were invalid. Did this happen to anyone else?

I was able to log into the portal, but there was nothing in the portal and nowhere to pay the supplemental fee. 

25 minutes ago, mmjpa said:

Also, I did not complete the PA-CAT due to financial reasons. Is this a huge downer to my application, those that have been granted an interview, did you do the PA-CAT?

I did complete the PA-CAT but have no idea the importance on the application 

Guest aslksf09834
4 hours ago, mmjpa said:

Also, I did not complete the PA-CAT due to financial reasons. Is this a huge downer to my application, those that have been granted an interview, did you do the PA-CAT?

I received an interview and did not take the PA-CAT, but I don't know if that will decrease my chances of an acceptance or not. Wondering if I should take it or not but it also says we have to take it by July 31st and that is pretty soon

1 hour ago, mmjpa said:

Looks like I won’t be taking the PA-CAT just for one school that’s on probation, especially w/ little time to prepare. That’s so unfortunate that they’re on probation! 

I agree, definitely not worth the money. I have also been accepted at another program, I wanted to weigh my options with RVU but with the probation status, along with flagging from the VA (veteran using GI Bill) I will most likely be declining the interview. Thank you @abbre for bringing this to everyone’s attention!

• Like 2

Big oof on that PANCE pass rate.

so, how exactly bad is this…? Do a lot of relatively new programs kind of struggle with this or… hopefully they put out a statement, something reassuring…

How they gon highly recommend the PACAT lol I highly recommend your students passing PANCE first 🤔

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Sw3605 said:

I agree, definitely not worth the money. I have also been accepted at another program, I wanted to weigh my options with RVU but with the probation status, along with flagging from the VA (veteran using GI Bill) I will most likely be declining the interview. Thank you @abbre for bringing this to everyone’s attention!

Would you mind expanding on the flagging from the VA? 🙂