2021-2022 Application Cycle

9 minutes ago, ChristineLF said:

I got the confirmation email - saying they've received my supplemental app and the supplemental fee back in Jun 6, but haven't gotten a "complete app confirmation" email yet...

What mine looks like:

4B6C1940-0186-40AA-8A7C-173B3F70BEF9.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I have not submitted yet (I know I'm slacking) but I am trying to perfect my essays. For the question that asks "Describe your experience working with members of underserved communities, or describe your approach to working with people who are different than you," did you all interpret the second option as describing a situation with a coworker or with a patient? I feel like you can interpret it both ways, and I want to make sure I answer it correctly. 

3 hours ago, mlguerrero said:

I have not submitted yet (I know I'm slacking) but I am trying to perfect my essays. For the question that asks "Describe your experience working with members of underserved communities, or describe your approach to working with people who are different than you," did you all interpret the second option as describing a situation with a coworker or with a patient? I feel like you can interpret it both ways, and I want to make sure I answer it correctly. 

I answered that option and I interpreted it in a similar way. They did not ask for a particular example so, I described my approach to working with people who have differing opinions from me. I did give an example, though it was broad. I then tried to explain how important these skills would be in my career as a PA and how they would function to benefit my patients. 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2021 at 7:18 PM, almondmilk said:

Has anyone heard anything/gotten an interview invite?

From what I have heard and looking at past cycles, I don't think Northwestern starts doing anything until September or after as far as sending out invites or rejections but I could be wrong.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did anybody end up submitting their GRE scores even though the school does not require it for this cycle? I'm wondering if I should submit my score because Northwestern's admissions website gives the code and other information. 

12 hours ago, Hmryb said:

Did anybody end up submitting their GRE scores even though the school does not require it for this cycle? I'm wondering if I should submit my score because Northwestern's admissions website gives the code and other information. 

I e-mailed them to ask if they would still look at it even if it was not required and this is what they said "For the 2021-22 application cycle that opened yesterday, this Program will not require the submission of GRE scores as an admissions requirement and submitted GRE scores will not be considered during application evaluation."

2 minutes ago, semblance said:

Just got invited to an interview!!!!!!! Sooooooo excited 😁 Northwestern is def my top choice

It's gonna be virtual via Zoom on 9/22 and they're doing a meet & greet with current students only the night before.

Oh my gosh congrats! That is amazing and I am so excited for you! Can I ask when you submitted CASPA and your supps?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cc101 said:

Oh my gosh congrats! That is amazing and I am so excited for you! Can I ask when you submitted CASPA and your supps?

I think I submitted both somewhere around 5/20

41 minutes ago, APPrePA said:

I just (graciously) received an invitation to interview on 9/22 too!

In case it's helpful, my application was complete and verified by 6/14. Wishing you all the best of luck wherever it is that you find yourself in the application process!

Yay congrats!! I love that they're doing a separate Meet & Greet with current students before the interview- it'll calm my nerves lol 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 2:09 PM, ishpat27 said:

Does anyone know if Northwestern has monthly interviews or if they are more frequent? And about how many people are usually during the interview in each group?

The email from a few weeks ago said that they are doing interviews from September until January. I'm not sure how frequent they are or how many interviewees are in each group, but they said they are handing out a total of 150 interview invites.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Pre-PA’s! I’m a current PA-S at Northwestern and I just wanted to wish you all good luck!

I remember being on here in the past, nervously waiting for my interview day and then waiting an additional 2 months to finally get a call back offering me a spot. Just be patient, be yourself during the interviews, you’ve worked your butts off to get to this point - it’s all worth it, I promise. Feinberg Med and Chicago are worth the hype. 

Good luck to you all! We were all there at one point writing endless essays, going to many interviews and working long days acquiring our PCE. We all understand the struggle, just keep your head up high and your time will come too!

• Like 7

I just received an interview invite today guys!!! I never thought I'd be sharing this. I'm so excited but equally as nervous. I have been a long time lurker since I submitted my application comparing my timeline to others because it took so long to hear back. If it helps you like it did me, I was verified late June! Keep your hopes up! The waiting sucks, but it's worth it 🙂 Good luck to everyone! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rserran said:

I just received an interview invite today guys!!! I never thought I'd be sharing this. I'm so excited but equally as nervous. I have been a long time lurker since I submitted my application comparing my timeline to others because it took so long to hear back. If it helps you like it did me, I was verified late June! Keep your hopes up! The waiting sucks, but it's worth it 🙂 Good luck to everyone! 

Congratulations, do they email you with the invite?