You Can’t Blame Me Anymore

As I sit outside my front door, in my lawn chair while keeping my handgun on one side and my cooler on the other as I prepare to keep folks off my lawn, you can’t blame me as an “old PA who doesn’t get it” any longer.  I decided after 37.5 years and the last year and a half doing the above, that I no longer need to tie up a license.  I mailed off my emeritus license form to the TMB yesterday so that now if anyone should ask me a question I can tell them that I’m not a practitioner any longer.  I would like to know how many of us of the first one hundred issued licenses are still active?  I got lucky in that my license number was the year of graduation.

I’ll sit back and watch the proceedings from the cheap seats now.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GetMeOuttaThisMess said:

As I sit outside my front door, in my lawn chair while keeping my handgun on one side and my cooler on the other as I prepare to keep folks off my lawn, you can’t blame me as an “old PA who doesn’t get it” any longer.  I decided after 37.5 years and the last year and a half doing the above, that I no longer need to tie up a license.  I mailed off my emeritus license form to the TMB yesterday so that now if anyone should ask me a question I can tell them that I’m not an ASSISTANT any longer.  I would like to know how many of us of the first one hundred issued licenses are still active?  I got lucky in that my license number was the year of graduation.

I’ll sit back and watch the proceedings from the cheap seats now.

FTFY 

Congrats! I am a tiny bit envious and plan on following you in about 4 years. I think it is a bit scary to finally let go after all that time invested but its a retirement well earned.

Drop me a note and one of these days we will tip a glass and wax philosophic about the old days and talk about the youngsters in the profession.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ventana said:

I can't wait for that day....

about 10 years out but could retire now and live skinny (but enjoy nice things so another 10 years it is)

I enjoy the “living skinny” idea, literally.  Took a custom suit and blazer from several years back in to get altered for an upcoming family wedding and good lord, my wife and I could’ve both fit in the pants legs.

Being selfish for a moment, I sure would appreciate the legislature getting M’care down to age 62, or even 60 for those of us who are tweeners.  Wife has one more year of teaching so I’ll be 63 when I need to look elsewhere.  COBRA for 18 mos. will leave me 6 mos. short so I may need to look at Obamacare for a short time.  As an aside, I saw an interesting article over the weekend about how a young person got hosed by the short-term policy they took out which as I recall was part of UHC.