NPs can open own clinics to hire PAs to work for them

This is becoming more the norm and not the exception

PAs cannot do anything except get monthly or biweekly salaries while NPs make a ton running their own clinics. Already witnessed a few DNPs make millions running covid testing clinics. We PAs have no privilege or opportunities like that because we are ASSISTANTS. Any new PA grads reading this yea this sucks but that is reality. Yet some dumb old PAs want to maintain status quo

PAs need to quickly find a way to get some supplemental income. In the near future - this is especially for newbies- NPs will get all the higher paying jobs and will be running/owning  primary care clinics. We will get low paying scut works that are left over. I am pretty sure they will be even  stingier  than your MD owners now... so  we just wait for a possible onslaught that is incoming ..

Edited by WantToHopeForPAfuture
  • Downvote 1

yup.  the whole team practice push was such a misguided waste of time and resources.  it was obviously going to be an uphill fight taking years and what does it really accomplish?  we are beholden to hospitals and corporations instead of individual doctors and still have no freedom to practice independently.  and still doesn't change the fundamental fact that in a state with NPs with independent practice rights that an NP is still the simpler more appealing choice to a PA.  I've given up thinking I'll see any meaningful change to our profession before I retire.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, MediMike said:

I'm sorry, where's this happening? NPs opening clinics and hiring PAs? Are they also hiring a physician to collaborate with the PAs?

Or is this just a clickbait title?

You just don't get it. You only want to believe what you want to believe and not accept reality. NPs are opening clinics and preferentially hiring their own before us. Many of them made millions opening covid swab clinics during the pandemic while we PAs were shut out with no privilege. You and us PAs lost out. Accept it 

Medimike sounds like one of those old way of thinking PAs that doesn't want the name change or supervision going away. Good for you for being born to ljve with ASSISTANT and SERVANT mentality 

Edited by WantToHopeForPAfuture
  • Downvote 2

• Administrator

The sleep center I work at was started by a RPSGT who got funded by a dentist and then bought him out.

The pain clinic I work for was started by an entrepreneur with a background in IT.

The eating disorders clinic was, I think, started by therapists and dietitians who added psych and medical providers along the way.

In each case I have an MD or DO to whom I report for medical purposes.  Nothing would stop an NP from getting venture money and doing the same sort of thing. Nor would it stop a PA, for that matter.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, WantToHopeForPAfuture said:

You just don't get it. You only want to believe what you want to believe and not accept reality. NPs are opening clinics and preferentially hiring their own before us. Many of them made millions opening covid swab clinics during the pandemic while we PAs were shut out with no privilege. You and us PAs lost out. Accept it 

Medimike sounds like one of those old way of thinking PAs that doesn't want the name change or supervision going away. Good for you for being born to ljve with ASSISTANT and SERVANT mentality 

That's not what the title of this thread is.

You didn't show that any NPs are opening clinics and hiring PAs to work for them.

You are clearly just looking for attention and I regret feeding the troll.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MediMike said:

That's not what the title of this thread is.

You didn't show that any NPs are opening clinics and hiring PAs to work for them.

You are clearly just looking for attention and I regret feeding the troll.

They aren’t hiring PAs; they are hiring other NPs