Prerequisite Time Limit

Is there anyone struggling with the deadline schools are putting on prerequisites? I have been taking college classes since before my senior year in high school. I have 2 associates and a bachelors degree with current healthcare experience. However, I am having a hard time trying to figure out what schools I can and cannot apply too. Does anyone have any experience with this? 

Also, I am wanting to get my application submitted to the schools of which I can apply to now (those that do not require the GRE). Does anyone know if I can go ahead and verify my CASPA application but go back add my GRE scores once they are in?

1 hour ago, Bri2021 said:

Is there anyone struggling with the deadline schools are putting on prerequisites? I have been taking college classes since before my senior year in high school. I have 2 associates and a bachelors degree with current healthcare experience. However, I am having a hard time trying to figure out what schools I can and cannot apply too. Does anyone have any experience with this? 

Also, I am wanting to get my application submitted to the schools of which I can apply to now (those that do not require the GRE). Does anyone know if I can go ahead and verify my CASPA application but go back add my GRE scores once they are in?

Assuming you’re referring to expiring prereq’s. From what I can remember, it was typically variable between 5, 7, and 10 years. Mostly 7 if I recall correctly. Also, I’ve not had any experience with caspa for 5-6 years but I’m pretty sure you need to have everything in caspa before verifying. Somebody will have to correct me if I’m wrong. 

There is often a time limit. When I applied, I was more than 30 years out from my BS. The gen ed and math classes were fine but I had to repeat some of my old science classes. (When I took biology, cells were nuclei and protoplasm!)

It was a program-by-program thing. It should be on their websites.

Good luck!

Edited by UGoLong

My anatomy was from 2010-11 and was able to find schools. Even had one school waive it but that doesn't happen often. You should be able to find enough schools to apply to. I literally spent a month just looking up schools and making a list.

In regard to the other question. I took the GRE and self reported my scores that I got right after the test. Then you can apply before the scores get to the school from ETS. I don't think you can apply before the test, but you can apply after with self reported scores while you wait. Hopefully I'm not steering you wrong.