2021-2022 Application Cycle

On 8/6/2021 at 12:28 PM, khushalipa said:

I just received an interview invite last night!! I feel like I'm in a dream! The only available interview date was Sept 16th, is anyone else interviewing this day? Good luck to everyone!!

When did you apply if you dont mind my asking!!

43 minutes ago, JulieV said:

Anyone hear anything yet? I interviewed on the 5th and I remember them saying they would meet as a committee today and they said “if you haven’t heard from us by Wednesday give us a call” which made me assume they would be letting us know today?

I interviewed yesterday! They told us that they will meet as a committee today and have the results by this evening. They said to check your portal by the end of today to know if you got accepted but that admissions doesn’t get to know who got in until tomorrow so all the calls and stuff will go out tomorrow morning! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

For those who have been accepted, if we pay the deposit but then choose to attend a different program we can give a written withdrawal as long as its before the program starts right? I wouldn't expect to get the money back. I have a couple more interviews so I am wondering just in case one of the other schools surprises me!

1 hour ago, AbbyL said:

For those who have been accepted, if we pay the deposit but then choose to attend a different program we can give a written withdrawal as long as its before the program starts right? I wouldn't expect to get the money back. I have a couple more interviews so I am wondering just in case one of the other schools surprises me!

I am personally going to wait until closer to the due date just to see what my options are at that point too. But no I don't think you'd get the seat deposit back. $200 for a seat deposit is way lower than the other schools I applied to though so if I end up losing that I won't be devastated. 

hi!! very new to this forum thing. I received confirmation of my app on 6/11 and still haven’t heard anything (denial or interview) but see lots of people who applied after have gotten something. Should I contact admissions for a status or just wait it out? I applied last year and did not get an email until April of this year (just an end of cycle notification) so I would obviously love to hear back sooner than that! 

On 8/11/2021 at 8:27 PM, ceb0828 said:

hi!! very new to this forum thing. I received confirmation of my app on 6/11 and still haven’t heard anything (denial or interview) but see lots of people who applied after have gotten something. Should I contact admissions for a status or just wait it out? I applied last year and did not get an email until April of this year (just an end of cycle notification) so I would obviously love to hear back sooner than that! 

I’m in the same boat 😕 

• 2 weeks later...

I have yet to receive any more emails since June 11th when I was told that my application was confirmed and completed. I see that people have been receiving interview invites. Does anyone know when their invites are closed? I did not receive a "deny to interview" email either, so I am considering reaching back out to inquire. 

On 8/30/2021 at 3:39 PM, ZGrooms said:

I have yet to receive any more emails since June 11th when I was told that my application was confirmed and completed. I see that people have been receiving interview invites. Does anyone know when their invites are closed? I did not receive a "deny to interview" email either, so I am considering reaching back out to inquire. 

I know last year they were holding interviews in December, and they even accepted students from those interviews. I also had a friend who applied to their vet program say that in an information session they stated they are still going over applications for interviews for the PA program. I think no news is okay at this point because that means you are still being considered as an applicant!

On 8/30/2021 at 3:39 PM, ZGrooms said:

I recently called about my status given that I had just completed the Masters program through Midwestern prior to applying. They are still currently reviewing applications on a rolling basis and they send them out in waves as well as a couple of people here and there. I have been speaking with my admissions counselor that I have been in touch with and she has been extremely helpful in providing information on my status. I would email or call if you feel comfortable to do so because they are responsive and helpful!

3 hours ago, SG027 said:

I recently called about my status given that I had just completed the Masters program through Midwestern prior to applying. They are still currently reviewing applications on a rolling basis and they send them out in waves as well as a couple of people here and there. I have been speaking with my admissions counselor that I have been in touch with and she has been extremely helpful in providing information on my status. I would email or call if you feel comfortable to do so because they are responsive and helpful!

hey, I just completed the masters program as well! Do you think I should contact them regarding the articulation agreement, or is it not necessary since they will see that I am a graduate from their program on my application?

2 hours ago, bambs said:

hey, I just completed the masters program as well! Do you think I should contact them regarding the articulation agreement, or is it not necessary since they will see that I am a graduate from their program on my application?

Oh hello! Congrats on surviving lol 
But I contacted them just to be sure because if not I will be super anxious that they forgot about me lol
Some friends that were also in the Masters of Biomed program were persistent about their application status for the DO and dent school and they were successful so I would say it would not hurt if you are worried. Also, I managed to obtain a consistent admissions counselor (from calling and being in touch about this app process) who is familiar with my application and myself making it a little more attainable to obtain information on it.