2021-2022 application cycle

• 2 weeks later...

Got the waitlist email today. It stings a little because I really liked the vibe from the interview and started getting excited. I guess we’ll see what happens. Good luck to you all still moving through the process. 

Stats for the curious (GPA ain’t everything, trust)

cGPA: 3.83

sGPA: 3.99

PCE Hours: ~2500 as an MA in urgent care

Volunteer Hours: 650 as a volunteer FF/EMT

Shadowing: 0 (maybe my weakness but I work 1:1 with a PA for PCE)

LOR: 1 MD, 1 PA, 1 Supervisor, 1 A&P Professor

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, weewoo said:

Got the waitlist email today. It stings a little because I really liked the vibe from the interview and started getting excited. I guess we’ll see what happens. Good luck to you all still moving through the process. 

Stats for the curious (GPA ain’t everything, trust)

cGPA: 3.83

sGPA: 3.99

PCE Hours: ~2500 as an MA in urgent care

Volunteer Hours: 650 as a volunteer FF/EMT

Shadowing: 0 (maybe my weakness but I work 1:1 with a PA for PCE)

LOR: 1 MD, 1 PA, 1 Supervisor, 1 A&P Professor

Hey there weewoo, 

Never give up. You never know what could happen. On paper you have so many good things. I'm sure your personality is the right fit for the career, sounding the way you do on this channel. 

Certainly your desire to work and serve as a PA will grow with this experience, so it will only strengthen your personality. Never give up. If you were meant for it, you'll become a PA.

• Upvote 1

On 8/30/2021 at 3:56 PM, billdwebster said:

Hey there weewoo, 

Never give up. You never know what could happen. On paper you have so many good things. I'm sure your personality is the right fit for the career, sounding the way you do on this channel. 

Certainly your desire to work and serve as a PA will grow with this experience, so it will only strengthen your personality. Never give up. If you were meant for it, you'll become a PA.

Thanks Bill, I appreciate the words of encouragement! I agree, if it's meant to happen, it will happen. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2021 at 7:30 PM, dal10 said:

Hey Hannah,

congrats on getting in!! Do you mind sharing your stats?!

Hey there! I don't mind at all:

cGPA: 3.88

sGPA: 3.82

PCE: just under 3,000 hours as a CNA first in a rehabilitation facility, and now in the neurology department at a hospital (part of the unit has been converted to COVID-19 isolation, so I've been working in both!)

Volunteer: 670 hours (in the hospital, at a shelter, and a medical mission trip to Peru)

Shadowing: 86 hours (two PAs, 1 MD, and a few physicians in Peru)

Leadership: 240 (chapter leader for Peru trip and a position with the student government at the University of Washington)

Good luck to you!😁

2 hours ago, gentlemanPA said:

I'm also on the same boat as you. I figured since they fell behind with reviewing so many applications (as seen with previous dates), I wasn't really expecting to hear back yesterday, especially on Labor Day. But hopefully we do hear back from them sometime this week though! 

I had a meeting with Cristina and she had confidently confirmed 9/06 and 10/06 as the final interview invite dates, so I’m hoping we’ll hear back today at the latest. 

• Like 1