I received an interview invite yesterday too! I interviewed last year and they did all interviews in one day. The deadline to RSVP is 10/29 so if you're still waiting they might send out more invites after that! It looks like Zsofia summarized everything well, there were no surprises!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, guestname said:

Does anyone else feel like they choked during the UMB interview? I prepared so much and I just feel like my nerves really got the best of me.

I definitely did, too. I prepared a lot for this interview because UMB is my first choice program, but I kind of got caught off guard that the individual interview was so short. I had so much to say, but I didn't want to get cut off that I ended up really selling myself short. 😞

Edited by gummypa
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, gummypa said:

I definitely did, too. I prepared a lot for this interview because UMB is my first choice program, but I kind of got caught off guard that the individual interview was so short. I had so much to say, but I didn't want to get cut off that I ended up really selling myself short. 😞

Ugh I'm so glad you said that, me too. I don't know what it was about the interview. The questions just really threw me off and made me even more nervous. I've been sobbing ever since the interview. 

Edited by guestname

31 minutes ago, guestname said:

Ugh I'm so glad you said that, me too. I don't know what it was about the interview. The questions just really threw me off and made me even more nervous. I've been sobbing ever since the interview. 

I'm in the same boat. I'm still really upset how it turned out and I keep reliving the moment as well. I keep telling myself that I should have said this instead of that and it's really kicking me into a deep hole. And I know this is easier said than done, but don't be too hard on yourself! The fact that we were part of the interview group shows that we were qualified. They know that this is a stressful day and that some might end up getting really nervous. It happens! I hope you are getting some rest, though, and that you're really proud of yourself for getting this far! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gummypa said:

I'm in the same boat. I'm still really upset how it turned out and I keep reliving the moment as well. I keep telling myself that I should have said this instead of that and it's really kicking me into a deep hole. And I know this is easier said than done, but don't be too hard on yourself! The fact that we were part of the interview group shows that we were qualified. They know that this is a stressful day and that some might end up getting really nervous. It happens! I hope you are getting some rest, though, and that you're really proud of yourself for getting this far! 

I feel the exact same way. To say it's kicking me into a deep hole is a perfect way to describe it lol. Thank you so much for the support, it really did help me to feel better knowing that someone else is also going through the same thing. You should be proud of yourself as well. This process is so mentally and emotionally draining, and even qualifying for the interview means that your years of hard work has not gone unnoticed. I hope you also rest easy tonight and be kind to yourself. The interview was not easy at all but I'm proud of the both of us for getting through it.

• Like 1

The first interview question caught me off guard too because I was not sure how to address it head on lol I felt like after answering the questions I had a lot of time left and so it felt kind of awkward trying to think of many questions. I didn’t feel like the questions allowed for me to talk about my experiences and who I am so it was pretty discouraging. Oh well, nothing we can do about it now right? 

• Upvote 4