Interviews for 2013 matriculation?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recently received a letter in the mail informing me that my application was "on hold pending a potential invitation for an interview." I was wondering if anyone has received the same letter and/or if anyone had a suggestion of whether or not I should send additional material into the office of admissions...and, if so, what the best method of doing this would be (E.g. email, letter, etc) and to whom I should address the materials. I have some shadowing experience and more HCE hours that are not reflected on my initial application and thought any additional material might help, especially if I showed that I am always trying to progress towards a career as a PA. Thanks!

cmj, I would email the admissions office with your new info, it can't hurt. When we interviewed, they told us to email in any updates because it might make a difference in the decision making today. I don't know how it works with having your application on hold but they didn't tell you no yet and there will be people canceling their interviews when they get accepted to other schools first, so you've gotta believe that you still have a chance. You might contact them and ask what classes or other things they would suggest for you to strengthen your app and try to work on them as soon as you can. Even though I got accepted, I received a to do list of things they want done before class starts, it wouldn't be bad to start working on that kind of stuff now. Good luck!

Lucky, on 7/12 CASPA messaged me that my app would get sent with the next batch, 7/30 I got an email from MWU saying that they had received my application, 8/4 I received my invitation to interview on 10/5. It seems like it all went very fast to me, I know that I have seen a number of people, including on this forum that have had the same process take twice as long so I'm not sure how it all works. My brother in-law got his apps in a few weeks after me and didn't hear back at all until 2 or 3 weeks ago and now has an interview with USC this Saturday. Good luck!

So I'm a little confused about knowing whether or not we're accepted. I can now view the "accepted student checklist" which I couldn't before today but theres no message or anything saying "congrats you're accepted" or something along those lines. Does this mean I'm accepted or theres just an error on my screen allowing me to see the checklist? I'd kinda like to know for sure before I cancel any other interviews :xD:

Congratulations, dbinelli. I have been talking to them today because of the items on my checklist. You are accepted and wouldn't have the checklist if you weren't. They don't actually call or send you a letter for a week or so but I emailed the admissions department last night with my questions and they called this morning saying congratulations on your acceptance, here are the answers to your questions. My portal said that I had a $750 deposit due by 9/28/12 which was before I even interviewed but they let me know that it is due 10/30 instead. I'm surprised how short a time they give us, it means I have to commit before my other interviews that are all after the due date but I guess it is a good thing for everyone still hoping to get an interview.

Amen! I hope applicants didn't cancel their other interviews or anything. I know I had fun calling/texting people to tell them I wasn't accepted after all. :) An apology would have been nice, even if, as you said, they had no control over it. The lady on the phone was very matter of fact about it. I don't think she realizes how important this is for some people and how disappointing it is to find out it was a glitch.

Archived