Applicants for Summer 2013 program

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi friends, just to add to the forum, my application was completed 1 week before the deadline (August). I called the office a few times every month after to check on my status. I even introduced myself in person a few weeks ago since I work across the street. The staff is very friendly. I got a call 12/13 for an interview next week 12/19. The excitement is building up. I will keep you informed on any other news. I wish everyone luck.

I was wait listed in the beginning of November, about two weeks after my interview. I just got a call yesterday telling me that I'm in the first slot on the list! Apparently they call the first 3-5 people on the list, since they are most likely to get in. Of course, still no guarantees, but from what I hear they seem to average about 5 people coming off the wait list each year. Good news, but still waiting for better news!

• 2 weeks later...
I was wait listed in the beginning of November, about two weeks after my interview. I just got a call yesterday telling me that I'm in the first slot on the list! Apparently they call the first 3-5 people on the list, since they are most likely to get in. Of course, still no guarantees, but from what I hear they seem to average about 5 people coming off the wait list each year. Good news, but still waiting for better news!

congrats jwalk1979! i was put on the "alternative list" and waiting to hear back at this point too. Not sure what rank since its not the top 5. I was informed that the committee reviews their list once a month and make calls towards the end of the month depending if other students have accepted or declined the position.

Sorry if this is bad news for anybody, but I got a call Wednesday saying that they were done interviewing and were offering me the final spot in the class! Super excited!! For those of you on the alternate list, I was in the first slot, so all of you just moved up in line. Hopefully, some more of you will hear good news soon as well.

• 4 weeks later...

It took them almost three weeks to send me the contract and then you have 14 days from the time you receive it. I've started looking at some of the required reading, and am now working on getting my immunizations and other paperwork ready. mmcewen, when did you hear about your spot on the wait list? If it was before the middle of January, then you will have moved up a spot when I was accepted. They've said they'll pull people off the list right up until class starts, so the closer we get to May 15th you may want to look at some of the reading. There is supposed to be a medical terminology test in the first couple days of class, so that's where I would put my time. I hope some you hear some good news soon!!!

• 2 months later...

Archived