Applicants for Summer 2013 program

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update --

I got an email today saying my application status is 'complete' and the program can begin review of my application. And that I was classified as 'in-state' for tuition purposes. [it's been complete on the 'Application Status Check' for a while, but I just now got this email]

I heard interviews started in mid September in previous years...I hope I get invited to the first rounds.

Anyone else have updates?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just learned about this program, I only applied to CASPA programs in July, but I am thinking about applying to this program by the end of this week (OBV a little last min). I read about the preference for GA residents, anyone else applying that is not a GA resident? (Florida Resident) Also I have only shadowed 1 PA but I have over 1500 hours of working in a hospital as a CNA/PCT, does anyone know how strict they are about that requirement?

• 2 weeks later...
I talked to a coordinator in PA admissions last week and she said they are just now getting started. So I don't know if that means they're just now reviewing the applications or they're just now starting with interviews.

I was thinking of contacting them as well but I didn't get around to it. That makes me feel a whole lot better.

interviews started tuesday this past week.... you should receive an email for an interview. i received an email this wednesday for an interview next wed! they only gave me a weeks notice, so if i were you id start preparing for interviews ASAP! the whole process is from 10am til 4pm. consists of a group interview with your group of applicants and a faculty panel, lunch with 2nd year PA students, writing a paper on a random topic while you wait on your individual interview, and finally your individual interview... GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

interviews started tuesday this past week.... you should receive an email for an interview. i received an email this wednesday for an interview next wed! they only gave me a weeks notice, so if i were you id start preparing for interviews ASAP! the whole process is from 10am til 4pm. consists of a group interview with your group of applicants and a faculty panel, lunch with 2nd year PA students, writing a paper on a random topic while you wait on your individual interview, and finally your individual interview... GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

When was your application completed?

kbrookshire1: there were 11 applicants total, 3 males and 8 females. interview was on oct 3 and i was told we were the third applicant pool, but the first two pools were groups of 6. so i think it kind of varies as far as size goes, id prepare for a group of 11 though to be on the safe side.

chrissy: my last reference was submitted august 16th, and my application status changed to 'ready to review' about 2 or 3 days later.

hope this helps.

Archived