Applicants for Fall 2013!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to all and good luck to everyone still waiting!! Finally all that waiting is paying off!! Next step is the interview!

My stats:

UMass Dartmouth, 2011

CASPA overall gpa: 3.63, CASPA science: 3.61

>2500 hours HCE as a clinical laboratory scientist (med tech), phlebotomist, and research assistant (and a little volunteer here and there)

And I just received acceptance for a publication on my senior thesis (clinical case study) from my clinical at MGH senior year in college!

Anyone else from the Boston area applying? I'm from about 15 mins north of Boston, anyone else close?

It's been amazing, I LOVE what I'm doing - hyperbaric oxygen therapy is a really cool branch of medicine, if anyone is interested about hearing more about it, send me a message, there are HBO centers popping up in hospitals all over the country, and they are always needing techs! You just need to have a pre-existing certification in the medical field to get in, and you can work in the field while you are completing your certification to become a hyperbaric tech. Seriously though, not a bad gig, and GREAT experience with patient care - you get to know your patients really well, get to do patient education, wound care, and definitely deal with emergencies (just last week one of my patients coded in the chamber, but we managed to get him back, woohoo!)

Just a matter of time for everyone waiting! Have to stay positive! Btw does anyone know (members of previous classes) if the interview consists of a writting sample? Also are the interviews one-on-one or group interviews? Just trying to game plan a little. If anyone has a friend of knows someone who went through it in the past, please let me know! Thanks :D

Good Luck to those who are waiting to hear back!!

I received an invitation to interview on Tuesday for October 18th, but I have a conflict so I am choosing the November 15th date! My CASPA was mailed end of July, and my supplemental was finished 1st week in August. Congrats to everyone who got invitations, and hang in there and be patient for everyone else. :)

ps. Anyone who has interviewed already, what was it like??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The interview process is relaxed. They give you a lot of information and are really nice and helpful. Plan to be there until 4:30 pm or later. There is a short writing section (not a big deal so don't sweat) and then interviews. They don't try to trip you up or stress you out, just be 100% yourself. I know this sounds weird but try to enjoy the day as much as possible. You worked hard to get there!

Bring something warm because the building is FREEZING!!!

By the way has anyone from Oct 4 heard anything?

Also interviewed the fourth (I was one of like only 4 guys hah!) and still haven't heard anything. They said 7-10 days after the interview, the anticitpation is killing me! And dougherty.je, when is your interview at Hofstra? I still haven't heard anything back from them about anything other than they received my supplemental app. Another waiting game over there! Hah!

Archived