2021-2022 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, schwizzle said:

It went well! The staff/faculty were super laidback and friendly and make you feel welcome. Got the acceptance call yesterday and could not be more excited 😊 Goodluck to everyone else interviewing, you guys got this! 

I agree, interview was great! Seemed very focused on getting to know the applicants! 
I also received my acceptance call yesterday and I am so excited!! 
Congrats to you and good luck to everyone else interviewing!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! I am starting to get discouraged seeing that so many people have already received interviews and acceptances. Does anyone know how long they do interviews for? I am tempted to reach out to them to follow up on my application but don't know if I should because I am sure I would have been contacted if there had been any updates. Anyone else in the same position?

5 minutes ago, AbbyL said:

Hey guys! I am starting to get discouraged seeing that so many people have already received interviews and acceptances. Does anyone know how long they do interviews for? I am tempted to reach out to them to follow up on my application but don't know if I should because I am sure I would have been contacted if there had been any updates. Anyone else in the same position?

I didn't receive a rejection until the end of November last cycle and I had applied in May, so this is typical. Just be patient unfortunately! 

Edited by EmC2297

Hey everybody! I received an invitation to interview at NAU on August 31, 2021. The Zoom interview was already scheduled for the second week of September so I did not get to personally select an interview date. I think a lot of programs interview candidates on Mondays because that gives the administrative team more time to meet during the week. Communicate this with your supervisors ahead of time if you need to take off work! 

NAU will give you an interview-day schedule ahead of time. I'm not sure if the format changes with each group that goes through but we had a 1-on-1 and a group interview (both over Zoom). We spent a lot of extra time waiting in the chat room getting to know other candidates and asking the other administrators questions. Warning you now, it was a LONG day- it went from 08:00 to 17:00. 

I have not heard back from the program yet after my interview. From my understanding, we were one of the first groups to go through the process for the 2021-2022 cycle. The administrators said that the NAU PA program may accept a few students after the first week of their respective interviews, but noted that everyone else would likely hear back in December. From my understanding, there are still interviews being sent out. It's still early in the interview process people!! 

Good luck everyone 🙂 

NAU has a fantastic program!

Edited by sPArkles
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, oceanmedicinetravelpa said:

Anyone apply end of aug and hear anything yet?

Hi! I applied mid Aug. After waiting some time and not hearing anything, I emailed them on Sept 21. I got this email from them on Sept 22. 

Hello .....,

Thank you for reaching out. The most recent communication about your application was sent via CASPA on August 17, 2021 indicating that your application met the minimum requirements of NAU’s PA program. Your application is still being further reviewed. If you have additional questions you are welcome to contact the department directly at PAProg@nau.edu.