Applicants for Fall of 2013!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Centosan, yes, I did the supplemental. I received it Aug 22. I don't remember exactly what date I sent it in but it was probably around a month ago, mid september-ish. So three, four weeks?

I don't remember paying for Hofstra's secondary, so maybe they don't always send it out. If they have applicants they definitely want they may just invite them to interview without a secondary.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PA0920, how was the interview process? I spoke to some students at another school and got mixed reviews. Some people had a really bad experience and said that the interviewers were mean/a little nasty, while for others it was fine. I guess it depends on the interviewer? Was it very formal or more conversational? Were there any oddball questions? Thanks. I have my interview Dec 3rd.

PA0920, how was the interview process? I spoke to some students at another school and got mixed reviews. Some people had a really bad experience and said that the interviewers were mean/a little nasty, while for others it was fine. I guess it depends on the interviewer? Was it very formal or more conversational? Were there any oddball questions? Thanks. I have my interview Dec 3rd.

I can give you my experience. The day was split up with a Tour at the beginning, a Q/A session with the director while you're waiting to be called in for your interview. I had 2 people interviewing me. For the most part it felt pretty casual. The questions I had felt pretty straightforward, no major curve-balls or trick questions. Just be yourself show your serious about becoming a physician assistant and your willing to put in the effort. I felt like the interview was a chance for Hofstra to get to know me a bit more but it was also a chance for me to learn about them and whether they could get me where I want to go. I'd suggest looking over your supplemental application answers once again if you can. Make sure you have some questions to ask. Just be yourself and have confidence in your abilities.

I hope that helps and good luck.

My one on one interview was very formal. To be honest I didn't get a feel for my interviewers at all, they were hard to read. They just continually went through their list of questions (rapid fire) and it wasn't very conversational. My only guess is that they were trying to see how fast I could react under pressure and give good solid answers. Half of the questions they asked were situational and the other half were about my own personal experiences and why I want to be a PA.

• 2 weeks later...

I got an email in July saying they received my application and to send in the supplemental, so I did. And I got another right away saying I will be contacted after my application is reviewed and I still haven't heard anything from them! I emailed about a week ago saying that I still haven't heard after I sent my supplemental app and still haven't heard back from them. I'm just getting anxious!

• 2 weeks later...

I interveiwed on Dec 3 and found out I was accepted on 12/10...they got back to me in a week, which is extremely fast.

I'm so happy to have an acceptance! I have two more interviews so I'm not sure if I will be attending Hofstra, but I loved the school and the people there, so I would be thrilled to attend.

Congratulations to everyone else that was accepted!

Archived