Jump to content

What I am going through right now with a new job.....


Recommended Posts

3 weeks ago I was offered a full time Urgent Care job based on my 26 years of experience.  I was told by the medical director that he was offering me the job which I accepted.  He said corporate would get me a contract within 3 days.  3 days came and went and I emailed him to check in on an update.  He said I should have it by the end of the week.  The week ended...nothing.  I then got an email from him adding me to the schedule for May 1st.....today.  Over the last two weeks I have contacted him and his executive assistant several times and they both say the same thing...it should be just a few more days...over and over again.  Today I was suppose to start and yet I have no contract, basically nothing.  I've not been onboarded, taught the EMR....zip, nadda, nothing.  They have done no background check, asked for my license, or a drug screen.  This is a pretty good size group and not some cheesy single practice fail.  As I sit here tonight writing this I am dumbfounded. Disappointed that medicine has devolved to this crap.  Obviously I did not go in tonight, but to me it's more than just this epic waste of time for me.  I wasted 3 weeks on these guys and that pisses me the F off.  I am a professional with a long history of quality patient care.  I scored at the top of my entire district in Press Ganey time after time and this is how I am treated.  It is utterly disrespectful and disgusting, yet as an "ASSISTANT" why should I expect anything else?  Man am I pissed off tonight....

  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

This sort of thing can happen anywhere and to anyone. The people who make the decisions are often not the people who turn the crank to make things happen.

My sympathies. Someplace that screwed up may not be a good place to work anyway.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
25 minutes ago, CJAadmission said:

Someday, I hope both providers and society at large revolt against corporate medicine. But I just don't see it. 

We have to be the change we want to see.  Wouldn't it be funny if "assistants" led the revolt while others with higher debt loads stood silently by in their chains of medical school debt?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rev ronin said:

We have to be the change we want to see.  Wouldn't it be funny if "assistants" led the revolt while others with higher debt loads stood silently by in their chains of medical school debt?

If there is going to be change, it will be by nursing (FPA practitioners), not "assistants". PA's can't even get past eliminating an outdated, ball and chain title, with a research based proven one in hand.  To "be the change", the AAPA and HOD and whomever else makes decisions have to lead the change. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
3 hours ago, CJAadmission said:

Someday, I hope both providers and society at large revolt against corporate medicine. But I just don't see it. 

 

 

hoping some payment reform and better regs in PCP might allow PA to own profitable PCP offices

heck we can run it, just let us 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator

@MediMike I'd recommend any time you find me (or anyone) making an incorrect statement, go through and consider every word before calling them out; you might just find that your concern has been anticipated and addressed. In this case, the magic word is...

Established

The Continental Congress is precisely the reason I inserted the 'established' word in my previous post.  The Continental Congress was an occasional body, not an established one.  It met to try and avoid a revolution, and then, ultimately, to manage one.  Contrast it to any continuous, perpetual body like the AAPA HOD, where there exist established power structures designed to minimized disruption.  The Continental Congress, on the other hand isn't even one body, as noted by the snippet you posted.  In a novel body, called together by shared ideas and concerns, those ideas and concerns matter more than the underlying concerns of prestige, patronage, power... you know, the things by which the AAPA HOD and the United States legislative branch are increasingly dominated. 😞

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rev ronin said:

@MediMike I'd recommend any time you find me (or anyone) making an incorrect statement, go through and consider every word before calling them out; you might just find that your concern has been anticipated and addressed. In this case, the magic word is...

Established

The Continental Congress is precisely the reason I inserted the 'established' word in my previous post.  The Continental Congress was an occasional body, not an established one.  It met to try and avoid a revolution, and then, ultimately, to manage one.  Contrast it to any continuous, perpetual body like the AAPA HOD, where there exist established power structures designed to minimized disruption.  The Continental Congress, on the other hand isn't even one body, as noted by the snippet you posted.  In a novel body, called together by shared ideas and concerns, those ideas and concerns matter more than the underlying concerns of prestige, patronage, power... you know, the things by which the AAPA HOD and the United States legislative branch are increasingly dominated. 😞

Sorry man, I think you're incorrect. This was an established body. There was a president. There were delegates from just about every state. They made resolutions. They operated from 1775 - 1789 until the current congressional model was elected. (Some of the current ones are old enough to be the originals I believe)

If we are making recommendations then I would recommend you learn to admit when you've misspoken rather than flail at semantics 🙂

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrator
3 hours ago, MediMike said:

Sorry man, I think you're incorrect. This was an established body. There was a president. There were delegates from just about every state. They made resolutions. They operated from 1775 - 1789 until the current congressional model was elected. (Some of the current ones are old enough to be the originals I believe)

If we are making recommendations then I would recommend you learn to admit when you've misspoken rather than flail at semantics 🙂

The problem isn't that I can't accept or admit when I'm wrong; that's not an infrequent occurrence.  The problem is that I meant exactly what I said, anticipated the objection, and added the key word to modify my original thought before I posted it.

If you want to call the First Continental Congress "established" when it disbanded after six weeks, fine.  Oh, and the Boston Tea Party preceded (precipitated?) it. The Second Continental Congress didn't assemble until one month after the battles of Lexington and Concord. During the "shot heard 'round the world", there was simply no deliberative all-colonies (or even most-colonies, since Georgia didn't make the first one) body meeting. Surely you're not counting the Declaration of Independence as the start of a revolution, are you?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_American_Revolution

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rev ronin said:

The problem isn't that I can't accept or admit when I'm wrong; that's not an infrequent occurrence.  The problem is that I meant exactly what I said, anticipated the objection, and added the key word to modify my original thought before I posted it.

If you want to call the First Continental Congress "established" when it disbanded after six weeks, fine.  Oh, and the Boston Tea Party preceded (precipitated?) it. The Second Continental Congress didn't assemble until one month after the battles of Lexington and Concord. During the "shot heard 'round the world", there was simply no deliberative all-colonies (or even most-colonies, since Georgia didn't make the first one) body meeting. Surely you're not counting the Declaration of Independence as the start of a revolution, are you?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_American_Revolution

You're confusing the Second Continental Congress as a different body when in fact it was referencing the second meeting of the same body. By your logic, every time the HOD disbands and reconvenes it's a separate body, same with the PAFT board, our current congress and every state government. 🙂

Every colony besides Georgia was represented by a delegate. 

I consider the initial response to the Intolerable Acts as the beginning of the American Revolution. A revolution isn't defined by a violent act (although the idea of you running at the AMA swing a CPAP mask Braveheart style is enjoyable) or even a single act such as the aforementioned shot heard 'round the world. By that logic if a group of PAFT members went and beat up some folks from ACEP it would be defined as a revolution? Absurd.

And come on. Again with Wikipedia? You're better than that. I picked that for my screenshot because of the pretty picture.

https://history.state.gov/milestones/1776-1783/continental-congress

Good read here: https://lithub.com/the-slow-build-up-to-the-american-revolution/

And @Cideous, I apologise for us jacking your thread. I'd move on from this position in a heartbeat, they clearly don't respect you or your time.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More