2021-2022 Application Cycle

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 5:57 AM, fancypants said:

is it too late to apply now? I've been waiting for someone to respond to my email regarding AP credits for the english courses. 

I would say not it is not too late. They just started sending out interview invites and typically pa schools hold interviews until December or even later! I applied June 21st and still haven't received any type of response so I say go for it!

On 6/30/2021 at 4:00 PM, semblance said:

Just received an interview offer for Aug 3!! Any applicants who already interviewed who could shed some light on how their interview went? 

I interviewed on July 13th and it was a very positive experience. There was an hour long round table breakfast “introduction” with administration and faculty, 30 min writing sample, 30 minute group activity, two 30 min 1on1 interviews, then an hour long lunch and a tour afterwards. It was low stress and genuine. They really wanted to just get to know you. Be yourself and don’t memorize responses! Make sure to know WHY DeSales and what motivates you to become a PA. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/21/2021 at 6:04 PM, ARLPrePA said:

I interviewed on July 13th and it was a very positive experience. There was an hour long round table breakfast “introduction” with administration and faculty, 30 min writing sample, 30 minute group activity, two 30 min 1on1 interviews, then an hour long lunch and a tour afterwards. It was low stress and genuine. They really wanted to just get to know you. Be yourself and don’t memorize responses! Make sure to know WHY DeSales and what motivates you to become a PA. 

Thank you for this insight! From what I've read from last year's application thread, DeSales genuinely seems to have a warm, relaxed, and supportive culture. Everyone who posted said that they felt like the interview was much more of a conversation than an interview so that makes me feel a lot better! 

I actually had a Zoom meeting with Julie, the admissions director, b/c she replied to one of my emails about the school and offered to Zoom with me to answer any questions I had. She was super nice and engaging and clearly very passionate about the school! 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 5:16 PM, semblance said:

Thank you for this insight! From what I've read from last year's application thread, DeSales genuinely seems to have a warm, relaxed, and supportive culture. Everyone who posted said that they felt like the interview was much more of a conversation than an interview so that makes me feel a lot better! 

I actually had a Zoom meeting with Julie, the admissions director, b/c she replied to one of my emails about the school and offered to Zoom with me to answer any questions I had. She was super nice and engaging and clearly very passionate about the school! 

Hi! I was wondering if DeSales has a cut off for the gre? I was looking for program statistics or more info and I could not find anything. 

10 minutes ago, strawberry9090 said:

Hi! I was wondering if DeSales has a cut off for the gre? I was looking for program statistics or more info and I could not find anything. 

I looked on their website under Admission Requirements and it says: "There is no minimum score requirement for either exam." (Referring to GRE and MCAT)

6 minutes ago, Pstwzrd said:

Accepted into Desales today! It will be such a difficult decision to choose this school from others just by how impressed I was while on campus.

Congrats!!!! That must be an awesome feeling. My interview is on Tuesday, so fingers crossed! DeSales is def one of my top choices, so I would be super stoked if I got an acceptance. Potential cohort-mates? 🙂

Edited by semblance