2021-2022 Application Cycle (PA Campus)

4 hours ago, maddiec98 said:

today I received the e-mail 7/16, also gives you the option to add resume and writing sample so I attached my capstone 

What is a capstone? And are resumes, essays good to add on? It says optional but is it something they really want? What about letters of rec? Did you need to resend those in?

2 minutes ago, kayywri said:

Has anyone thought about contacting them regarding the letter of recs? I have 5 in on caspa and I want to make sure that the ones uploaded on the portal cover the requirements. I am debating calling and asking or just assuming they picked the right ones. 

So I emailed them last week (lol what is chill) and got this response today:

"No, PCOM will accept all transcripts and letters of recommendation from CASPA.  You do not need to resubmit the transcripts or letters.  Once you pay the fee please allow 10-15 business days to process your application.  All letters submitted to CASPA will be accepted.  The Upload Materials section is not required.  The Upload Material section gives you an opportunity to update the committee if you wish. No essay is required outside of the CASPA essay. Thank you for your patience."

So it looks like things might just sort themselves out?

• Like 2

Hi everyone! I submitted my application on 7/13 and paid my supplemental fee through the portal on 7/16. As of yesterday (7/19) it looks like my LORs and transcripts were carried over into the PCOM portal from CASPA. I know this was a discrepancy for a lot of us but it seems like it just takes a few days to carry these documents over after receipt of payment. Looking forward to hearing updates, good luck to all!

On 7/16/2021 at 1:02 PM, PrePAFirstTimeApp said:

Do we need to re-send our transcripts to PCOM? I saw on the portal they want them sent directly to the school.

On 7/16/2021 at 12:39 PM, kayywri said:

I noticed this too. I have 5 letter of recs on caspa, so I’d hope they would pick whatever ones satisfy the requirements, but now I don’t know if I should reach out to them? 

On 7/16/2021 at 12:36 PM, prepagal17 said:

just got this too and I payed the fee and it says they got 3 of my letter of recs. are we to do anything else?

On 7/16/2021 at 12:36 PM, prepagal17 said:

just got this too and I payed the fee and it says they got 3 of my letter of recs. are we to do anything else?

On 7/16/2021 at 12:35 PM, thisisliz said:

Finally got the confirmation email with link to applicant portal to pay the fee today!

Unfortunately I saw that only 3 of my letters got forwarded to them, and I can't tell which ones?

I had emailed them the other day with all of these questions and they are able to see all CASPA letters and all transcripts in CASPA. They only show 3 on their portal because they only require 3. Here's the actual email I received:

"Thank you for your email.  PCOM will accept all transcripts and letters of recommendation from CASPA.  You do not need to resubmit the transcripts or letters or other materials submitted through CASPA.  Once you pay the fee please allow 10-15 business days to process your application.  All letters submitted to CASPA will be accepted.  The Upload Materials section is not required.  The Upload Material section gives you an opportunity to update the committee if you wish. No essay is required outside of the CASPA essay. Thank you for your patience."

On 7/22/2021 at 3:14 PM, AlliBess said:

I had emailed them the other day with all of these questions and they are able to see all CASPA letters and all transcripts in CASPA. They only show 3 on their portal because they only require 3. Here's the actual email I received:

"Thank you for your email.  PCOM will accept all transcripts and letters of recommendation from CASPA.  You do not need to resubmit the transcripts or letters or other materials submitted through CASPA.  Once you pay the fee please allow 10-15 business days to process your application.  All letters submitted to CASPA will be accepted.  The Upload Materials section is not required.  The Upload Material section gives you an opportunity to update the committee if you wish. No essay is required outside of the CASPA essay. Thank you for your patience."

It has been nearly 2 weeks since I paid my supp. fee however my account is the same. It still says they are waiting for my letters of rec? Should I email them?

I set up my portal on 7/16 and everything looked fine -- I had 3 letters of rec and submitted my payment and all had the green check mark saying I was good to go. I just logged on to the portal this morning and now all three letters of rec AND my payment have red X's and say "awaiting". Help! Does anyone else's have this???

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cc101 said:

I set up my portal on 7/16 and everything looked fine -- I had 3 letters of rec and submitted my payment and all had the green check mark saying I was good to go. I just logged on to the portal this morning and now all three letters of rec AND my payment have red X's and say "awaiting". Help! Does anyone else's have this???

Hey, I have the same thing! Everything was green yesterday but now it’s all red. Must be a system error. Hopefully they can fix it soon.

1 hour ago, kayywri said:

Hey, I have the same thing! Everything was green yesterday but now it’s all red. Must be a system error. Hopefully they can fix it soon.

I think I figured it out! In the top right of the portal there is a drop-down menu to choose which program you applied to. For some reason on mine, the PA program is listed 3 times. When I select one of them, it has all of the green checks. The other two don’t! 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cc101 said:

I think I figured it out! In the top right of the portal there is a drop-down menu to choose which program you applied to. For some reason on mine, the PA program is listed 3 times. When I select one of them, it has all of the green checks. The other two don’t! 

I saw the same thing. I also got two more of the automated emails saying they received my application from CASPA and to make sure it's complete (I guess these went along with the two extra listed applications in the portal that are marked as incomplete).

22 minutes ago, cc101 said:

Thank you for figuring that out because I started to freak out too 😂 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thisisliz said:

I saw the same thing. I also got two more of the automated emails saying they received my application from CASPA and to make sure it's complete (I guess these went along with the two extra listed applications in the portal that are marked as incomplete).

Yes, I got two more duplicate emails as well! Ones that were already sent (application receipt and the state licensure information). 

35 minutes ago, HanBan04 said:

Yes, I got two more duplicate emails as well! Ones that were already sent (application receipt and the state licensure information). 

38 minutes ago, zelolover said:

Thank you for figuring that out because I started to freak out too 😂 

44 minutes ago, thisisliz said:

Same thing happened to me!

Is anyone else having an update issue? My portal is stating I do not have a Letter of Recommendation from a MD/DO/PA/NP. Although, one of my LOR is from a PA... 

I emailed them about it, but wanted to double check on here since I know there was a glitch this morning! 

Anyone else just get an email about their application being incomplete? Everything is listed as received and I know my application is complete so I am wondering if it’s another portal error. Seems to be happening a lot. Also my letter of recs “day received” keeps changing to whatever day it is as opposed to May when they were in caspa. Anyone else notice this too?  

Just now, kayywri said:

Anyone else just get an email about their application being incomplete? Everything is listed as received and I know my application is complete so I am wondering if it’s another portal error. Seems to be happening a lot. Also my letter of recs “day received” keeps changing to whatever day it is as opposed to May when they were in caspa. Anyone else notice this too?  

Just came on here to see if this had happened to anyone else. Just emailed them to confirm that the email was sent as a mistake, so we'll see what they say. My LOR received dates keep changing too, very odd, guessing it's just an issue with their portal's code that updates it to whatever day you're currently viewing your portal on. Glad it's not just me!

• Upvote 1

Just now, AlliBess said:

Just came on here to see if this had happened to anyone else. Just emailed them to confirm that the email was sent as a mistake, so we'll see what they say. My LOR received dates keep changing too, very odd, guessing it's just an issue with their portal's code that updates it to whatever day you're currently viewing your portal on. Glad it's not just me!

yes its just an issue with the portal system!