Pre-Reqs (Oakland CC, Oakland University)

Greetings forum! I have a couple questions for everyone. I am 21 and I recently switched majors in hopes to become a PA student, and need all of the help I can get. I will be taking classes at Oakland Community College as well as Oakland University in hopes to major in Health Sciences and get accepted into PA school at Wayne State University. I am very lost on what I need to do from start-to-finish and some sort of direction would be great. I am a very checklist-goal oriented person, so direction is key for me. My main questions are;

1) What are the pre-reqs from either colleges that Wayne State looks at?

2) When and where should I be doing my patient hours?

3) Any literature I should be reading to prep myself?

4) Any tips on getting through from future/current PA students?

5) Is there a specific timeline that you follow from start-to-finish?

Any help is appreciated! I am still very new to this and want the best for myself when pursuing this career.

Thanks!

Greetings forum! I have a couple questions for everyone. I am 21 and I recently switched majors in hopes to become a PA student, and need all of the help I can get. I will be taking classes at Oakland Community College as well as Oakland University in hopes to major in Health Sciences and get accepted into PA school at Wayne State University. I am very lost on what I need to do from start-to-finish and some sort of direction would be great. I am a very checklist-goal oriented person, so direction is key for me. My main questions are;

1) What are the pre-reqs from either colleges that Wayne State looks at?

2) When and where should I be doing my patient hours?

3) Any literature I should be reading to prep myself?

4) Any tips on getting through from future/current PA students?

5) Is there a specific timeline that you follow from start-to-finish?

Any help is appreciated! I am still very new to this and want the best for myself when pursuing this career.

Thanks!

Start by checking out the school's website and attending an open house to better understand what they require. There are tons of threads here to read about HCE options. Spend a little time figuring all of this out.

Archived