Plastic PA Salary

Hi All,

I got an offer for Plastics Part-time job that would be 2-3 days 8:30-4:30PM in Metro Atlanta. SP seems wonderful and willing to train. Will see patients in clinic (busy day is seeing 25 patients) and train to do first assist. Maybe some call (post-op and ED) is expected, but she made it seem like it was very minimal, 1/10 patients will call post-op and 1 call every 4 months for ED consults. During interview salary was not discussed, nor benefits. She's worked with PAs, before but I'd be the first one she'll hire. She mentioned being salaried, but seemed like she would be amendable to hourly pay. I have 6 years of EM and UC experience, and 5 week plastics rotation almost 9 years ago. I've never worked at a private practice only big hospital systems.

Any advice would be appreciated:

1. What is reasonable hourly rate? Job posting said starting salary $43/hr. According to Ziprecruiter national avg for plastics is is $63/hr or $131K and GA is $53/hr or $118K. Does the AAPA Salary Report specifically have plastics salary because it didn't in previous years. 

2. Is it better to be salaried or hourly paid?

3. Does part-time get malpractice or benefits? Would I be unreasonable if I asked for CME, PTO, Vacation, reimbursement for licenses, 401K

4. Is it better to sign a contract or not to sign one?

5. What does getting credentialing entail? Just sign papers that hospital gives? Register her as my SP to my state medical board?

6. What red flags should I look out for with a SP that's never hired a PA before?

Red flag is that she mostly hires part-time, so I don't think she wants to pay for benefits. I just don't want to be taken advantage of because this is like my dream job.

Any suggestions would be welcomed! Thanks in advance!!!