2021-2022 Application Cycle

Can't really speak on my interview exactly, but I will say to people with interviews coming up, USA has to be one of the nicest schools I've ever interacted with. Really friendly and open. The vibe front start to finish was comfortable and calm. Felt more like a conversation than an interrogation. I'm not the best with interviews, and nerve level was low after opening remarks from faculty/staff. 

I know you hear "don't be nervous" from everyone, and that's like saying don't be scared before you go skydiving.  However, I will say don't stress yourself too much leading up to the interview thinking you're going to get interrogated. Just be ready to have a conversation and be yourself. 

• Like 2

On 11/24/2021 at 12:03 PM, Cdtompkins said:

Great! that was my initial thought too but I wanted to make sure I was not the only one not in a suit

I was planning on wearing interview attire. In my opinion, I feel as though this is an extension of the interview and I don’t want them to think I am not serious about this program. Better to over dress than underdress. 

Agreed- the preview day is completely optional and is just to give potential students a chance to see facilities in person like they would in an in person interview. Definitely is not an extension of the actual interview- that would put students that are unable to attend at a disadvantage. I think business casual will be totally fine. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rosemary333 said:

Did anyone from the interview today hear when they’re going to be sending acceptances and waitlists next week?

We were told the week of the 6th. So I imagine it's gonna be one round of acceptance letters, wait for accept or decline, another small round of acceptance to fill slots where people declined, then waitlist will go out. 

• Like 1