2021-2022 Application cycle

After reading a lot of these comments I think it is not best to include stat sharing. This is a largely holistic school. Everyone's backgrounds are different. I personally have an interview lined up with them in September, but I want everyone here to know that you are very much deserving of a seat at RF or another school. I had absolutely no idea how competitive this field is and honestly that is just not how I am. If you are a second time applicant to not only RF but any other school, I am admin to a supportive Group me. Message me and I can add you. It is just a nice place to vent frustrations and celebrate successes. Sending good vibes to everyone. ❤️

Edited by tylrmchl
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 1

On 7/16/2021 at 4:06 PM, Patricia5827 said:

Congrats! What are your stats?

Thanks!

cGPA: 3.61

sGPA: 3.59

GRE: 326

PCE: 1,130 hrs (MA at urgent care)

HCE: 2,091 hrs (currently working remotely at psychiatry practice)

Volunteer: 864 hrs

Teaching: 2,392 hrs (most of my volunteer and teaching hrs were from teaching English in Cambodia and working on development projects through the Peace Corps)
Shadowing: 61 hrs (19 were PA)

I wrote a pretty long diversity statement (about 6,000 characters) since the character limit was 9,999- just talked about my upbringing in immigrant family, experience volunteering in Cambodia through Peace Corps, and working in mental health sector

Edited by semblance
  • Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 12:21 AM, wolfasd said:

Hey everyone just got an interview invite today super excited!!! Didn't believe I would be here However

I was wondering if theres a way to change your interview date because the only available interview session is 12/10? The rest is complete booked sadly.    

I'm in the same boat! December seems so far away lol and I have gotten acceptance to a program with a January start so I'm a little nervous about waiting that long to get a decision from RFU