2021-2022 Application cycle

26 minutes ago, patelp said:

For those that got an interview, did you guys fill out the diversity statement on CASPA? Thank you in advance and congrats to those who got an interview!

I personally did as I tried to fill out all essays. I think if a school puts an essay, even if it’s optional, it’s best to just answer it. Personally, this question tied in a lot to my personal statement and I thought it was a great way to morph the two concepts. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TS1997 said:

I received an interview invite earlier this evening!! There were three dates to pick from: August, September, or October. I picked October because I believe the other two are already full and it only allowed me to fill in a form for October. Anyone else experience this? Either way an interview is an interview! Super stoked!! 🤩

Congrats! Mind sharing your stats and when your app was under review?

3 hours ago, TS1997 said:

I personally did as I tried to fill out all essays. I think if a school puts an essay, even if it’s optional, it’s best to just answer it. Personally, this question tied in a lot to my personal statement and I thought it was a great way to morph the two concepts. 

Thank you! 

• Like 1

Just got an interview invite earlier today!

5/24 - application verified and confirmed.

6/21 - Received email stating my application was being held for further review

6/29 - Received Interview Invite

cGPA - 2.85 (Undergrad)

sGPA - 2.97 (Undergrad)

Last 60 credits cGPA (including 30 creds postbac) - 3.8, sGPA 3.9

approx. 3000 PCE hours including working as medical assistant in Primary Care and Cardiology. Also worked as a scribe for about 1000 hours.

4 letter of rec, 2 from PAs, 1 from MD, 1 from professor

no official shadowing, but worked directly under the supervision of PAs for about 2000 hours.

Hope this information helps or gives some hope!

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, ibarraom said:

cGPA - 2.85 (Undergrad)

sGPA - 2.97 (Undergrad)

approx. 3000 PCE hours including working as medical assistant in Primary Care and Cardiology. Also worked as a scribe for about 1000 hours.

no official shadowing, but worked directly under the supervision of PAs for about 2000 hours.

Congratulations! Did you fill out the diversity essay?

14 hours ago, ibarraom said:

cGPA - 2.85 (Undergrad)

sGPA - 2.97 (Undergrad)

This makes me so happy! Congratulations! You’ll kill the interview 

• Like 2

A little late to the forum but, I just received an interview invite last night! Submitted 5/10, received the 'application is under review' email from RFU on 5/26.  I did the diversity essay as well, 2 paragraphs, ~160 words. Did not have an academic LOR (graduated undergrad in 2018). 

Does anyone know if RFU will still be utilizing the MMI format for these virtual interviews and how long will the entire interview day be? 

• Like 2

@Nkpa20 thank you! They had dates for August, September, and October on there but it would only let me fill out and submit the form for the October date. I think someone else in this thread had the same problem and assumed it was because the other two dates were full, which makes sense.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, brooke99 said:

Has anyone still not heard anything yet? I got my confirmation 5/26 and haven't heard anything since. I know the confirmation said to allow up to 6 weeks to hear back and it'll be 6 weeks tomorrow. Was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

I got my confirmation a couple days after you and I have not heard anything either.

Applied 6/6 and was verified the next day. Received an email 6/8 stating it was ready to be reviewed. Waiting a response.

Second time applicant, first time to this school as I am applying earlier. Applied to 10 last year rejected from all except 1, it was just super late as I applied in October/November. I got an interview with 1 and waitlisted. 

sGPA: 3.02

cGPA: 3.2

Post-bacc: 3.8 (3 credits so far)

PCE: ~5,000

HCE: ~3,000

leadership: 500

Volunteer: 600

• Like 2

4 hours ago, brooke99 said:

Has anyone still not heard anything yet? I got my confirmation 5/26 and haven't heard anything since. I know the confirmation said to allow up to 6 weeks to hear back and it'll be 6 weeks tomorrow. Was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

Got my confirmation the exact same day and haven’t heard anything either