2021-2022 Application cycle

Hi all,

Just a quick question regarding the prerequisite entry on CASPA. For selecting my anatomy course, it says Minimum grades: 2, on their website it says "3 semester hours" needed for the anatomy requirement. The anatomy class I took was with lab also, its just that on my official transcript, the class is noted both into 1 description, i.e., on my transcript it says "Human Anatomy" only, I do not have a a course on there that says "Human anatomy lab." So what is this 2nd grade that is needed for the anatomy prereq. on CASPA? Thanks is advance!

@cdaniel001,

Hi, if I'm understanding your question correctly, you are asking what to put under A&P? 

To give you an example, I took A&P 1 and then A&P 2. I selected those courses. 

Does that help?

If you took human anatomy, you should have a second class that says physiology. 

The website says this:

Human Anatomy and Physiology: Regardless of the number of courses/credits, the requirement is the complete study of the anatomy and physiology of all the major human bodily systems. Typically, this requires either two semester-long or three quarter-long courses with laboratory components to accomplish. Alternatively, Human Anatomy with lab and Human Physiology (with or without lab) will satisfy the requirement.

The deadline is September 1st. If your application has already been verified fully before during this current cycle got may have time, but be wary of the deadline.

Good luck!

30 minutes ago, PrePa2022 said:

Just got my interview invite!! Seriously cannot believe it. They are doing virtual interviews, morning and afternoon sessions, Tuesday-Thursday Sept 21-23. My interview is on Thursday Sept 23. So excited!! I hope you all hear soon too! 

I just received my interview invite too! I’m ecstatic!!! Good luck to you!

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, PrePa2022 said:

Just got my interview invite!! Seriously cannot believe it. They are doing virtual interviews, morning and afternoon sessions, Tuesday-Thursday Sept 21-23. My interview is on Thursday Sept 23. So excited!! I hope you all hear soon too! 

also received an invite and cant wait!! Good luck !!

5 minutes ago, Teacup said:

Congratulations to those with invites!! I'm going to be watching my inbox like a hawk, haha. Would anyone invited so far care to share their stats and/or when they submitted?

Sure! I submitted the supplemental app on 6/28.

Here are my stats at time of application:

cGPA: 3.95

sGPA: 4.0

GRE: 314 (158V, 156Q, 4.0W)

PCE: 3,600+

HCE: 3,200+

Shadowing: 24 in-person hours with a general surgery PA, 17 virtual hours with various specialties

Volunteering: 1,500+

Leadership: 1,300+

LoRs: 1 academic, 1 supervisor, 1 coach

2 outstanding pre-reqs

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TinaH said:

Sure! I submitted the supplemental app on 6/28.

Here are my stats at time of application:

cGPA: 3.95

sGPA: 4.0

GRE: 314 (158V, 156Q, 4.0W)

PCE: 3,600+

HCE: 3,200+

Shadowing: 24 in-person hours with a general surgery PA, 17 virtual hours with various specialties

Volunteering: 1,500+

Leadership: 1,300+

LoRs: 1 academic, 1 supervisor, 1 coach

2 outstanding pre-reqs

Thank you for sharing. Your stats look fantastic! Best of luck on your interview 🙂 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Teacup said:

Congratulations to those with invites!! I'm going to be watching my inbox like a hawk, haha. Would anyone invited so far care to share their stats and/or when they submitted?

stats: cGPA: 3.80, sGPA: 3.75, PCE: 2200+, shadowing, and volunteering. My application was marked complete June 29 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teacup said:

Thank you! I am interviewing on the 22nd. Here are some of my stats- 
submitted: 6/10

GRE verbal: 160

GRE quant: 159

GRE writing: 4.0

cum GPA: 3.94

science GPA: 3.89

PCE: 2160 CNA

HCE: 200 pharm tech

other: volunteer at food shelf, collegiate athlete/ 2x All American, involved in several clubs and serve on the board of 2, AAPA membership, virtual shadowing hours. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PrePa2022 said:

I also just received an interview invite!!! WOW I'm to the moon right now. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kayleej said:

Thank you! I am interviewing on the 22nd. Here are some of my stats- 
submitted: 6/10

GRE verbal: 160

GRE quant: 159

GRE writing: 4.0

cum GPA: 3.94

science GPA: 3.89

PCE: 2160 CNA

HCE: 200 pharm tech

other: volunteer at food shelf, collegiate athlete/ 2x All American, involved in several clubs and serve on the board of 2, AAPA membership, virtual shadowing hours. 

Congratulations, great stats! Thanks for sharing and best of luck going forward! 🙂

• Like 1

I am genuinely in disbelief.. yesterday I received my interview invitation to Duke's PA Program! Coming from a non-traditional background in neuroscience research with 3 unsuccessful program applications (2 for Ph.D. and 1 for PA), I am in a state of shock to be given this opportunity to interview with such a renowned PA program like Duke! Curious if anyone else has received similar good news and cheering for those who are still playing the waiting game!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ftpa18 said:

Hi all-

Did you guys answer the Agreeable/positive aspects of responsibilities & Disagreeable/negative aspects of responsibilities section? How did you all answer this question? 

Hey! I approached this question with the attitude of making a negative somewhat positive, if that makes sense. I first discussed what I enjoyed about the position(s), what they taught me, and then discussed some not so great aspects of the jobs--but did not focus too much on the negative (I gave the example of working on an inpatient unit and being chronically understaffed and how that was difficult, but made it positive by saying it strengthened my teamwork/creative thinking skills). I hope that helps!

-Rachel

20 hours ago, rachels91 said:

Hey! I approached this question with the attitude of making a negative somewhat positive, if that makes sense. I first discussed what I enjoyed about the position(s), what they taught me, and then discussed some not so great aspects of the jobs--but did not focus too much on the negative (I gave the example of working on an inpatient unit and being chronically understaffed and how that was difficult, but made it positive by saying it strengthened my teamwork/creative thinking skills). I hope that helps!

-Rachel

How long did you make your responses? 

On 8/31/2021 at 8:39 AM, futurepastudent111 said:

Question for those who were offered interviews. What do you think they mean by a “passport-sized” photo? I took a picture with a neutral background from the shoulders up, but I’m not sure if I actually have to make it a certain size. 

I put it on a word document so I could make it the passport size