2021-2022 Application cycle

Hey everyone! I am trying to complete the courses section of the supplemental and I am a bit confused. Should we delete courses that we dropped? My grade is not a W, but a Q. 

Also, in the "other biology" section, the supplemental transferred all of my nutrition classes, public health classes and even a data analysis in health sciences (statistics) course from CASPA. I am wondering whether they are meant to be there even though they aren't technically biology courses. I am not given the option to delete any more classes.

Thanks in advance for any clarity!

17 hours ago, Gratefulguy said:

Hi @MaddyR956 I didn't put classes I dropped. I dropped one the first day. It didn't show on my transcript. Withdrawn classes may have different rules. I recommend emailing them.

I can't remember if I had to change things but I'd also email about that. Sorry that wasn't very helpful 😕

Thank you for your help! I will go ahead and email them.

Hi all. You probably saw this but it was a good reminder for me not to contact them until December if I hadn't heard anything.

The Duke University Physician Assistant Program has received your CASPA, your supplemental application, and your GRE scores. Your application is now complete and in a queue for review. During peak application time, it could take at least 6 weeks to hear from us. Please DO NOT call for a status check.

Candidates will be notified about interview decisions beginning in August through late October. Due to the large number of applicants, we ask that you refrain from contacting us unless you have heard nothing by December 1.

If you are invited to interview with the program, you will be required to provide us with transcripts not available at CASPA submission. If you are currently enrolled in a prerequisite course at the time of your interview, we request that you provide a proof of enrollment letter.

Please remember that all prerequisite courses must be completed by December 31, 2021.

We wish you the very best this application cycle and thank you for your interest in the Duke PA Program.

Sincerely,
Duke University PA Program Admissions Office

HI! I feel pretty late but am trying to submit my supplemental within the next few days. For the supplemental are we supposed to report our GPA on our official transcripts or what CASPA reported as our cumulative undergrad GPA? also would it be wrong to round it? for instance my gpa is 3.669 but they only allow to enter to the hundredths decimal point, so would it be okay to do 3.67 or put it at 3.66?

On 7/1/2021 at 8:42 PM, Schnoopie said:

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to share a quick blurb about my experience. I applied the 2020-2021 cycle and got in. Keep your heads up high and be proud of yourselves. Its taken a lot of work to get here. Be confident.

Duke didn't get back to me until Dec 2020 with an interview offered for Jan 2021 (actually on my birthday lol). That was 7 months after applying. At that point I had been accepted to a few other schools and was actually about to sign for an apartment else where because I figured they were NEVER going to get back to me!!

For any school, the people interviewing you just want to see your true self. So if you're too nervous and you cant shine, then you're standing in your own way. Do breathing techniques, go to a happy place in your mind, pretend they are distant cousins your about to meet... do whatever it takes to pull yourselves together. You owe it to yourself. I felt the same way about them (the interviewers) like I do about celebrities, they are just people. 

I wish all of you the best in this application cycle. I hope this helps someone.

- V

WOW! that is awesome. Congrats! When did you submit your application? 

hi! quick question! I feel late in applying but trying to get my supplemental submitted by today. I'm having an issue with it though. My microbio lab was separate from my microbio lecture so it was 2 credits and you could only either get credit or no credit by passing. What do I put my grade as? I don't want to put it as P because that makes it a "0 credits" course that makes it seem like I barely passed it and had to change my grade from GPA to pass/fail. But I also don't want to put an actual letter grade since I didn't receive one. Anyone have any insight as to what I should do?

hi @mari09 I checked mine and saw the following:

• For courses awarded a grade of 'Pass', enter a '0' for credits and a 'P' for the grade. See Courses section of general instructions for details on submitting documentation for Pass/Fail courses.

I can't click the link because I already submitted my supplemental and the instructions don't show anymore. The link only shows after you click "courses" and then "microbiology". 

18 minutes ago, Gratefulguy said:

hi @mari09 I checked mine and saw the following:

• For courses awarded a grade of 'Pass', enter a '0' for credits and a 'P' for the grade. See Courses section of general instructions for details on submitting documentation for Pass/Fail courses.

I can't click the link because I already submitted my supplemental and the instructions don't show anymore. The link only shows after you click "courses" and then "microbiology". 

Would this make it seem like I almost didn't pass the class and had to switch to pass/fail?

50 minutes ago, Gratefulguy said:

Hi @mari09,

I'm not sure. I'd recommend following the instructions though. It may be good to contact the admissions lady. Did the instructions in the microbiology section help? I would check but the link takes me to a different page.

do you know what her contact info is? thank you for helping me with this!!

• 2 weeks later...