2021-2022 Application cycle

9 minutes ago, thisisliz said:

I love this energy! I've been thinking to myself that every day without a rejection is a good day (and perhaps no news is good news). Congrats and I hope you get notified about an interview soon!

THANK YOU! Like you I have learned that if I have not heard yet, then to look at it a a good thing! 3 years ago I applied to Rutgers and got denied inside two weeks lol. So even when it takes awhile to hear back, always think positive! Positive things happen to positive thinkers! Thanks for the well wishes as I really appreciate it! Good luck to you as well! 🙂

5 hours ago, MRAMBITION1488 said:

Hi everyone!

I just got notified that my application got moved to the second around of screening. I have learned to count every victory, no matter how big or small it may be! Hopefully, I get called for an interview soon! Best of luck to you all!

Could I ask what this means? Sounds good though! Congrats 🙂

On 7/29/2021 at 2:50 PM, EnthusiasticPAHopeful2021 said:

Could I ask what this means? Sounds good though! Congrats 🙂

Lol not sure but I haven’t been eliminated yet! I’m guessing since they have so many applicants this year that they have to make “cuts” like you would for a high school basketball team during tryouts or something. I made the first “cut” so hopefully the next time I get an email it will be for an interview! 🤞🏾

1 hour ago, mgz4309 said:

I hope everyone who interviewed today had a good experience! Does anyone want to share how it went?

Thank you! It went super well. I could say that it's the best interview I've attended... like in my entire life haha. The staff and students actually seem like they care. The interview was really laid back and they definitely want to know you for you. It didn't seem like they were out to get me or anyone for that matter. I'm not sure if future groups will get to interview with the hosts we got to interview with today, but I hope you do because they were so funny and easy-going. 

We were on zoom from 12-5PM (EST). The one-on-one interview was only a small portion of the day (lasting about 20 minutes at the end of the day). We were mostly spent time learning about what makes the program great, the experiences of current students, and then an interactive session at the end where we could all just ask questions and connect with one another. 

Hope this helps!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, JoannHegbe said:

Thank you! It went super well. I could say that it's the best interview I've attended... like in my entire life haha. The staff and students actually seem like they care. The interview was really laid back and they definitely want to know you for you. It didn't seem like they were out to get me or anyone for that matter. I'm not sure if future groups will get to interview with the hosts we got to interview with today, but I hope you do because they were so funny and easy-going. 

We were on zoom from 12-5PM (EST). The one-on-one interview was only a small portion of the day (lasting about 20 minutes at the end of the day). We were mostly spent time learning about what makes the program great, the experiences of current students, and then an interactive session at the end where we could all just ask questions and connect with one another. 

Hope this helps!!

Thank you!! That sounds like a wonderful experience. Just to clarify, the interview was one to one? I went to an online chat Rutgers was holding and the admins said it would be a 3:1, which freaked me out haha. Did they change the ratio, does anyone know?

4 minutes ago, EnthusiasticPAHopeful2021 said:

Thank you!! That sounds like a wonderful experience. Just to clarify, the interview was one to one? I went to an online chat Rutgers was holding and the admins said it would be a 3:1, which freaked me out haha. Did they change the ratio, does anyone know?

So sorry lol, I misspoke. It was 3:1 not 1:1🙂 

50 minutes ago, Lauren3881 said:

Did anyone else who interviewed August 10th get an email saying your file in under review.... im a little confused what this email means and am wondering if this is the so called "Hold" status. Anyone know / get this same email?

I also got that email. I think that was the hold status that they were talking about! If you look in years past it is a similar message