2021-2022 Application cycle

1 minute ago, thisisliz said:

At the top of the Questions page in CASPA, it used to say "No more than 200 words each", however at some point this cycle they removed that and it's no longer there. I just know that when I submitted, it still said "200 words each" because I copy-pasted the whole thing into a Google Doc where I wrote that.

So to be honest I have no idea what the word limit is! I guess I'd just keep in mind that they read a ton of applications, so try not to write toooooo much. Could always reach out to them if they have a preferred word limit still?

Awesome thank you for that answer. I was sweating. Most of mine were a bit longer than 200 words but I think decently written (I hope haha)

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, thisisliz said:

At the top of the Questions page in CASPA, it used to say "No more than 200 words each", however at some point this cycle they removed that and it's no longer there. I just know that when I submitted, it still said "200 words each" because I copy-pasted the whole thing into a Google Doc where I wrote that.

So to be honest I have no idea what the word limit is! I guess I'd just keep in mind that they read a ton of applications, so try not to write toooooo much. Could always reach out to them if they have a preferred word limit still?

I appreciate this. (& thanks @LPfuturePA) I wasn't hallucinating, lol, it DID give a 200 word limit. And opposite of @medic1210, I was sweating bc 200 words and 9999 characters are drastically different.

I will reach out to them!

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 7:53 PM, 100PAtobe said:

Did anyone who received an interview invite receive a follow up email with the specific interview date yet?

I got an invite on 7/1 and still no follow-up.... have you gotten an email with more specifics on location, date, time, etc??

1 hour ago, Tatii said:

I got an invite on 7/1 and still no follow-up.... have you gotten an email with more specifics on location, date, time, etc??

I got an invite 7/12 and still haven't heard anything. I don't know if it's going to be in person or online! Or the format either. I checked all over the website and didn't find anything for that. I'm just praying they don't send the date and time last minute while making it in person. That would make for buying flights a bit sucky lol...

Not sure if this helps anyone, but I just got off an online chat with the Rutgers team. Interviews will be online this year and the format is a 3:1. Although I am happy to save on costs of airfare and hotels, I am a bit sad I can't see and experience Rutgers and the surrounding town. Also still haven't heard on when my interview will be. In the chat the admins said it's August-December so I don't think we need to worry about a date popping up for this month, phew!

3 hours ago, jferrelli said:

Hi! How long did it take for the program to email everyone with a decision. I submitted my app about a month ago and am nervously waiting for their decision. 😬

Also I heard back about an interview exactly 5 weeks after my CASPA was verified. Hope this helps!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JoannHegbe said:

Hey guys! I heard back about 30 minutes ago.

Interview for 08/10 on zoom 🙂 

Congrats and good luck!! how long after you got the invite did they get back to you with a specific date? I was invited for an interview on 7/1 and still haven't gotten a follow-up

On 7/20/2021 at 1:58 PM, EnthusiasticPAHopeful2021 said:

Not sure if this helps anyone, but I just got off an online chat with the Rutgers team. Interviews will be online this year and the format is a 3:1. Although I am happy to save on costs of airfare and hotels, I am a bit sad I can't see and experience Rutgers and the surrounding town. Also still haven't heard on when my interview will be. In the chat the admins said it's August-December so I don't think we need to worry about a date popping up for this month, phew!

Also I heard back about an interview exactly 5 weeks after my CASPA was verified. Hope this helps!

Hey! this is my first interview, what does the 3:1 style mean? 

On 7/20/2021 at 10:09 AM, jferrelli said:

Hi! How long did it take for the program to email everyone with a decision. I submitted my app about a month ago and am nervously waiting for their decision. 😬

I don't know if this helps but when I was in the PAEA chat this week, she said my application had still not gone in for review (I submitted 06/23) but she said I should hear something in about 2-3 weeks

3 minutes ago, MRAMBITION1488 said:

Hi everyone!

I just got notified that my application got moved to the second around of screening. I have learned to count every victory, no matter how big or small it may be! Hopefully, I get called for an interview soon! Best of luck to you all!

Congratulations!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MRAMBITION1488 said:

Hi everyone!

I just got notified that my application got moved to the second around of screening. I have learned to count every victory, no matter how big or small it may be! Hopefully, I get called for an interview soon! Best of luck to you all!

I love this energy! I've been thinking to myself that every day without a rejection is a good day (and perhaps no news is good news). Congrats and I hope you get notified about an interview soon!