2021-2022 Application cycle

so im a little confused, maybe someone can help... I submitted within CASPA first (because i already saw the questions?) then sent the 25 dollar payment. Within the email of the payment it says "Please log into the CASPA Applicant Portal and complete the supplemental questions found under Program Materials" .. SUPER confused

6 minutes ago, ItsaSirPrize said:

so im a little confused, maybe someone can help... I submitted within CASPA first (because i already saw the questions?) then sent the 25 dollar payment. Within the email of the payment it says "Please log into the CASPA Applicant Portal and complete the supplemental questions found under Program Materials" .. SUPER confused

Pretty sure that's just an automated message included with the registration email for payment. You'll probably get a confirmation email from Rutgers in a day or two saying that they received your application from CASPA.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nataliemcarr said:

Rejected today. Stats:

cGPA- 3.62

sGPA- 3.48

PCE - ~2110 hours
Shadowing - ~20

LORs from PA, MD, optometrist, old employer and professor I did research for

not great news but I’ve received interviews from other programs and am still waiting to hear from other programs 

I’m sorry to hear that, but congratulations on your other interviews! I’m sure it’ll go great! If you don’t mind sharing, when were you confirmed by Rutgers/ on caspa?

Just now, Chloeloy22 said:

I’m sorry to hear that, but congratulations on your other interviews! I’m sure it’ll go great! If you don’t mind sharing, when were you confirmed by Rutgers/ on caspa?

Thank you! I submitted 5/21, verified within like 3 days I forget which day. I paid the supplemental fee 5/21 but I never got a confirmation from Rutgers so I waited it out until last week I emailed and asked if I was missing anything and if they received all materials. They emailed me back Friday 7/9 to say that just with the influx of apps they never emailed me but I was confirmed and would hear about my status shortly. Then today 7/13 received final status email

1 hour ago, PrePAFirstTimeApp said:

Was also rejected today 😕 good luck everyone!

Stats

cGPA - 3.45

sGPA - 3.33

PCE - 1,230

HCE - 1,470

Shadowing - 14 in person, 32 online

Leadership - 480

I hope everything works out for you and you hear back from other programs! I always think everything happens for a reason so maybe you’ll find a program you love even more! If you don’t mind sharing when did you submit your application to Rutgers from caspa?

On 7/9/2021 at 8:51 PM, prepaTracy said:

Congratulations! When did you submit and what are your stats, if you don't mind sharing 

Here are my basic stats:

GPA: 3.5

Sci GPA: 3.55

last 60 GPA: 3.8

HCE: over 6000 as a scribe and about 200 as a residential counselor 

Of note: I live in Portland, OR now but did attend undergrad in NJ(they do not favor instate applicants just thought I would note that) 

Hi everyone! I am from NC but I LOVE Rutgers program!! I just graduated with my masters in physiology with a 3.8 GPA. I want to prove to the school that I’m not a joke. 

I was verified on June 28 and am playing the waiting game now. Any body in the part time track of the program? I’m curious as to how that works. Best of luck to you all! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shriyac28 said:

Hey

its mentioned in the program materials for Rutgers on CASPA 

Thank you for the response!

Where specifically in the Rutgers CASPA section and what is the word/character requirements?

I ask because I wrote down a word count and can no longer remember why I wrote down that number. Also, the character count that I am seeing is different from the previous cycle.

So, I want to concur with someone on this.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, SunshineShaw said:

Where specifically in the Rutgers CASPA section and what is the word/character requirements?

I ask because I wrote down a word count and can no longer remember why I wrote down that number. Also, the character count that I am seeing is different from the previous cycle.

Thanks!

It’s 200 word limit 

5 hours ago, SunshineShaw said:

Thanks!

At the top of the Questions page in CASPA, it used to say "No more than 200 words each", however at some point this cycle they removed that and it's no longer there. I just know that when I submitted, it still said "200 words each" because I copy-pasted the whole thing into a Google Doc where I wrote that.

So to be honest I have no idea what the word limit is! I guess I'd just keep in mind that they read a ton of applications, so try not to write toooooo much. Could always reach out to them if they have a preferred word limit still?

• Like 1