2021-2022 Application cycle

On 5/19/2021 at 5:42 PM, yellowlantern24 said:

Hello everyone! I am going to be a PA-S1 at Rutgers this fall. I applied in LATE July, got the "moved forward to second level of review" email in Oct, then finally got an interview invite in Dec.

I was a low gpa student (actually low gpa not like 3.3) and have been helped by so many people in my journey - feel free to message me for any advice I will try my best to keep in touch as the cycle moves forward. The interviews come in waves so don't be discouraged- please be patient and kind with yourselves through this process. 

Hi! Do you have any advice for preparing for the Rutgers Interview? Or anything to watch out for?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, danosorz said:

Hi! Do you have any advice for preparing for the Rutgers Interview? Or anything to watch out for?

Hey, this was honestly my favorite interview experience, they are so nice and engaging. Very interactive and it sounds cliche but they ultimately just want to know YOU. Of course prepare the basic questions that are brought up in all interviews, but also think about personal things (things that maybe make you stand out from others, etc.). I would also say to review your application a little bit.

There's PLENTY of time for Q&A so just have a couple questions ready, or you might even think of something on the spot that you're curious about based off what you hear during the entire session.

Goodluck!!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sayNOtoNP said:

Hello everyone, I hope you all get in to Rutgers!

I was wondering what you guys think, 

Should I update them of another acceptance before even being waitlisted? I only had an interview so far.

Thanks in advance.

I'm also wondering this. I interviewed a couple of days ago and want to be respectful of their timeline, but I have a pending acceptance elsewhere. My acceptance to another program actually came up during my interview, so I know they're aware and that's why I'm hesitant to email them about a possible expedited decision. I'm just not sure of the etiquette here.  

On 10/28/2021 at 9:28 PM, PTPAS said:

For those who got moved on to the second round of screening, are you still waiting for an update? Those who heard back with an interview, how long did it approx take?

I got the "you're moving to the next round of screening" email on 8/26, I believe. I received an invitation to interview on 10/13. So approximately 6-ish weeks later? Don't lose hope!

47 minutes ago, rachels91 said:

I'm also wondering this. I interviewed a couple of days ago and want to be respectful of their timeline, but I have a pending acceptance elsewhere. My acceptance to another program actually came up during my interview, so I know they're aware and that's why I'm hesitant to email them about a possible expedited decision. I'm just not sure of the etiquette here.  

when i emailed my thank you letters after interviewing, i mentioned that i was offered an expedited decision option during the interview and my decision was told to me a week later. but it seems that might’ve been the normal timeline of things. if you can wait a little longer, i certainly would since your interview was only a few days ago and they might not deliberate on things until the weekend

25 minutes ago, prepaTracy said:

when i emailed my thank you letters after interviewing, i mentioned that i was offered an expedited decision option during the interview and my decision was told to me a week later. but it seems that might’ve been the normal timeline of things. if you can wait a little longer, i certainly would since your interview was only a few days ago and they might not deliberate on things until the weekend

Thanks for your help! I agree that ~ a week after interviewing seems like their timeline, despite them saying it would be about 2 weeks. Seems like most people hear back in about a week, so I will just wait. I did email them a thank you but did not mention my other acceptance since it was brought up during my interview. Been waiting a long time, so what's another week 😅 

1 hour ago, prepaTracy said:

I did not mention this during the interview because I only saw the acceptance afterwards. They did not say anything about an "expedited decision" so I guess I will give it a week too.

8 hours ago, MarcRU said:

I sent a thank you email after my interview and haven't heard anything. Is this normal?  Has anyone had the program respond to your thank you email?

Some programs will respond to it and others won't. Don't let that weigh on your mind too much. But no, I had sent one to Rutgers and they didn't respond to it lolll

I have a pending acceptance elsewhere and want to ask Rutgers for an expedited decision. Can someone who has done this let me know how that went? How did you word your email? How long before they got back to you? I would really like to attend this program so I don't want to come off pushy, but obviously I need to know asap.

Hi all. I interviewed on 10/26 and received the email that said my file was under review by the admissions committee on 11/3. Has anyone heard anything at all since then? I was expecting it to take only about 1-2 weeks based on other comments on this thread but it seems to be taking longer than expected. 

11 hours ago, rachels91 said:

Today I got the call--I'm so, so excited to say that I was accepted to Rutgers!! Is this real life?!?! I can't wait to meet my cohort!! 😭❤️ 

I interviewed on 11/2 😊

Hi congratulations!! I was just wondering, did you receive a "your file is under review" email before receiving an acceptance?

3 hours ago, danosorz said:

Hi congratulations!! I was just wondering, did you receive a "your file is under review" email before receiving an acceptance?

Hi, thank you! No, I did not receive that email. I received a phone call with my acceptance. From what I've gathered, that email you're referring to is their way of waitlisting, or putting people "on hold". So it isn't a rejection, but you may have to hang in there and be patient a little while longer 🙂 

• Like 1