2021-2022 Application cycle

Hello everyone! I didn't see a post for this year's cycle so I'm super excited to start it. I"m very nervous about applying. Last year I only applied to about 3 schools because I didn't take the GRE. 

My undergrad GPA is very low so I'm stepping out on faith here, but my science gpa, postbacc gpa, and graduate gpa are all at least 3.0. 

Here are my hours: (I tried to overcompensate to offset the low GPA)

PCE: 8,000+ hrs as a Clinical research coordinator and PT aide

Research: 1,720 hrs

Extracurricular: 1,327 hrs 

Volunteer: 686 hrs (including Guatemala medical mission trip)

Shadowing: 100 hrs (dermatology, oncology, hematology, orthopedics, emergency medicine, internal medicine, thoracic surgery, and otolaryngology)

Leadership: 41 hrs

Teaching: 6 hrs

Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hellooo @MedIsLifePAgood luck on your journey to becoming a PA! Your stats are impressive and I pray this cycle is yours! I've applied to Morehouse as well this go round (first time app.), and this school seems like a great place to cultivate a prosperous future for upcoming clinicians 😆 thank you for starting the thread!!

• 1 month later...
Guest PA2222222

I’m applying to Morehouse and I took the GRE Monday and received unofficial scores of 152Q 144V, however I have a 4.0 cGPA in M.S. and a 3.8 cGPA in B.S.. Should I retake the GRE in July?

5 minutes ago, Sdc12 said:

I’m applying to Morehouse and I took the GRE Monday and received unofficial scores of 152Q 144V, however I have a 4.0 cGPA in M.S. and a 3.8 cGPA in B.S.. Should I retake the GRE in July?

I don’t believe Morehouse has a minimum score requirement. Buy it couldnt hurt to retake. I have a lower GPA and got a 305 on my GRE so I’ll probably retake 

31 minutes ago, Sdc12 said:

During their virtual open house they didn’t seem like the GRE was a major decision factor. One of the admin said all they care about is that we take it, plus they don’t have a minimum. If you have time/money, then I would say retake it, but if not then I wouldn’t worry. 

Guest PA2222222
22 hours ago, danii97 said:

During their virtual open house they didn’t seem like the GRE was a major decision factor. One of the admin said all they care about is that we take it, plus they don’t have a minimum. If you have time/money, then I would say retake it, but if not then I wouldn’t worry. 

Thank you!

Guest PA2222222
22 hours ago, Behen said:

I don’t believe Morehouse has a minimum score requirement. Buy it couldnt hurt to retake. I have a lower GPA and got a 305 on my GRE so I’ll probably retake 

Thanks. 

Wassup fam,

So I applied today 6/30.

I'm a non traditional student and my grades are from 15 years ago when I was in undergrad. I did very poorly 15 years ago due to several reasons. I returned back to school and took 52.5 post baccalaureate and my GPA is over a 3.6 for those classes. My cumulative didn't go up that high since I have a bachelors in biology. I got 20 shadowing hours and 8,000 PCE as an EMT. I volunteered for several organizations. I also took the GRE 4 times and on the fourth try I made a 332 (162 V and 170 Q). I needed that to make up for my lackluster GPA. Anyone in here is a nontraditional with spouse and a kid(s). I am married and have a child. I know it's a little difficult having a family but it's nice to have a support group. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KoolJ82 said:

Wassup fam,

So I applied today 6/30.

I'm a non traditional student and my grades are from 15 years ago when I was in undergrad. I did very poorly 15 years ago due to several reasons. I returned back to school and took 52.5 post baccalaureate and my GPA is over a 3.6 for those classes. My cumulative didn't go up that high since I have a bachelors in biology. I got 20 shadowing hours and 8,000 PCE as an EMT. I volunteered for several organizations. I also took the GRE 4 times and on the fourth try I made a 332 (162 V and 170 Q). I needed that to make up for my lackluster GPA. Anyone in here is a nontraditional with spouse and a kid(s). I am married and have a child. I know it's a little difficult having a family but it's nice to have a support group. 

I’m not married yet, but I wanted to say that bringing your GPA and GRE score up like that is very impressive! Good luck to you this year!

14 hours ago, ChristyPrePA said:

Hello! I plan on applying to Morehouse but am struggling a bit with their supplemental questions.. Anyone mind sharing any insight on how you answered the first Q regarding how you've "promoted and advanced health equity"?

I had to revisit this prompt before I really knew what to write, I took the angle of promoting health equity amongst patients themselves, rather than on the larger scale, which I wouldn't have experience of doing.

Hope this helps !!!

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 1:08 AM, ChristyPrePA said:

Hello! I plan on applying to Morehouse but am struggling a bit with their supplemental questions.. Anyone mind sharing any insight on how you answered the first Q regarding how you've "promoted and advanced health equity"?

I looked at this question for a very long time before I knew what to write and honestly, I'm still not sure I answered the question correctly. Don't worry if it takes you some time, it is an intense question! 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 11:08 PM, ChristyPrePA said:

Submitted yesterday! Try to find a story to tell, that’s what I did. Might not have been much help but…. I think stories tend to be very impactful.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, ChristyPrePA said:

Applied a month ago and still haven't received confirmation of receiving my application from Morehouse.. I sent an email a couple days ago and I'm still waiting to hear back.

Hey I submitted a couple days ago and sent a follow up email as well. Good luck to you, Christy!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2021 at 10:50 AM, TallPAJay said:

not on my end!

On 9/1/2021 at 10:59 PM, Prepamommy15 said:

Applied 5/17/21. Have not heard back 🙄

I still haven't heard back either.. I have a friend that started in the program over the summer and she mentioned that it is a bit disorganized. She didn't hear back from Morehouse about an interview until late into the admissions cycle (around December/January). 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, ChristyPrePA said:

I still haven't heard back either.. I have a friend that started in the program over the summer and she mentioned that it is a bit disorganized. She didn't hear back from Morehouse about an interview until late into the admissions cycle (around December/January). 

Wow, thanks for the info! I guess we have a long while to go 😄 

• Like 1

I applied on 7/23 and still haven't heard anything or even received an email stating that everything was received. Their website said, " MSM-PA will review applications and begin inviting for interviews early September.  Interviews will be conducted October - December. Members of our class will be accepted throughout the interview process." So its still early, everyone keep your hopes high it's not over yet!

• 2 weeks later...